Blitzortung.org Forum

Full Version: Location marker not working?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 10, and when I try to use the location marker, it does nothing on Chrome, and just turns blue on Microsoft Edge, no marker. This has been happening for MONTHS on different WiFi networks, public, mobile hotspots, private, etc., but to no avail. I didn't report it, hoping it was temporary. I am certain that the laptop has the ability to be located, and I've allowed the site explicit permission to use my location. Plz help me.
(2016-09-17, 01:51)Arceushera Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop running Windows 10, and when I try to use the location marker, it does nothing on Chrome, and just turns blue on Microsoft Edge, no marker. This has been happening for MONTHS on different WiFi networks, public, mobile hotspots, private, etc., but to no avail. I didn't report it, hoping it was temporary. I am certain that the laptop has the ability to be located, and I've allowed the site explicit permission to use my location. Plz help me.

Hello
I observed the same problem for a long time here (ASUS, i7, Win10, Chrome, Firefox)! Everywhere else, being Android Tablets, Android smartphones the location markup works except on WIN systems . . .
Probably due to no GPS location on the computers verse other mobile devices.
If this issue is on Lightningmaps.org, then I need some more information especially some output of the javascript console. It works for me on Windows 10 with Chrome and Edge on my Laptop (without GPS).
It would appear that my issue has been randomly resolved. It just started working normally. ?