Blitzortung.org Forum

Full Version: Offset adjustment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does someone tell me why the system graphic of my detector show always a offset of + 50/60mV from zero? Can I adjust this anywhere? In the web interface, a can`t find any adjustment for this! It`s seem any wrong value in the ADC.  Huh
  • Sampling per InputResolution: 12bits, Period: 666ns = 500.0kSPS, Time: 2000ns

• ADC1
    • Input1 Amp-Channel 3 , Offset 26mV, no Trigger
    • Input2 Amp-Channel 4 , Offset 30mV, Trigger -90mV/90mV
  • ADC2
    • Input1 Amp-Channel 2 , Offset 30mV, Trigger -95mV/95mV
    • Input2 Amp-Channel 3 , Offset 25mV, no Trigger
  • ADC3
    • Input1 Amp-Channel 1 , Offset 39mV, Trigger -95mV/95mV
    • Input2 Amp-Channel 2 , Offset -151mV, no Trigger

• Thanks for your help!
Carlos Mourato

ST ID 1846
That is normal.

There is a slight DC component that causes the offset.

Not adjustment is needed, and why there is no option.
Tanks a lot lot Kevin for your reply. I understanding that is a sliht DC component. I was a bit worried that this offset would change the results of the system, but if Kevin says it's normal, I'll be calmer. Thanks again!
Best 73 Carlos CT4RK

STID 1846
Hello,

When I started my station I noticed the same issue.
Finally I cleaned all PCB with Kontakt WL product and all DC components have disappeared.

Best regards

Daniel / ON4LDZ
Oooo, that's interesting. Now what is "Kontakt WL"? A residue free, volatile, cleaner. Finds the safety data sheet, mostly isopropanol (propan-2-ol, isopropyl alcohol) with a dash of light petroleum (Naptha, lighter fluid). Have both of those lying about... Did you just clean a few selected areas or give the whole board, both sides, a good squirting with Kontackt WL?