Blitzortung.org Forum

Full Version: LED placement question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi: almost finished with the build and no problems so far.

I have a question about the LED order. I know it really doesn't matter, but to be consistent with everyone else, which of the following is correct. I must add that I am somewhat red/green color blind: I can see a lit LED fine, but on a printed page...not so good.

On the front panel picture it appears as if this is the order is (starting L to R with Power)  R, G, G. Y, B, R, R

below that picture it shows the controller board with the order of R (on right of picture, would = Power on front panel), G, G, R, B, then whatever on the right of the front panel (Y,R or R,Y) . I know this is a silly question, but for consistencies sake, I thought it is worth it.

Steve
(2017-08-13, 16:10)SteveQlQ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi: almost finished with the build and no problems so far.

I have a question about the LED order. I know it really doesn't matter, but to be consistent with everyone else, which of the following is correct. I must add that I am somewhat red/green color blind: I can see a lit LED fine, but on a printed page...not so good.

On the front panel picture it appears as if this is the order is (starting L to R with Power)  R, G, G. Y, B, R, R

below that picture it shows the controller board with the order of R (on right of picture, would = Power on front panel), G, G, R, B, then whatever on the right of the front panel (Y,R or R,Y) . I know this is a silly question, but for consistencies sake, I thought it is worth it.

Steve

On my housing, I have R, G, G, Y, B, R, R. The only yellow LED is the Fault indicator.
(2017-08-13, 16:19)JupiterJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-13, 16:10)SteveQlQ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi: almost finished with the build and no problems so far.

Steve

On my housing, I have R, G, G, Y, B, R, R. The only yellow LED is the Fault indicator.
Thanks, Joe..I thought the front panel picture would be the correct one, so since you confirmed my colors, I will finish using that.

Steve
(2017-08-13, 16:57)SteveQlQ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, Joe..I thought the front panel picture would be the correct one, so since you confirmed my colors, I will finish using that.

Steve
Awesome man! Let us know when you're online! Smile

Steve

For what it's worth there are LED chips on the main board and I thought they should match the case LEDs. The board chip LEDs are R G G R B R Y which makes more sense as the signal LED shouldn't be a fault indicator.
I wish I had read this before finishing my kit :-|