data validation on 10 minutes files
#1
Why are the 10-minute consolidated data downloaded from  Data/Protected/Strikes_1/YYYY/MM/AA/HH/II.json.gz 
much less than what is shown on the map? Yesterday I was monitoring my area, southern Piedmont, and on the map I saw a lightning strike near Alessandria, which however is not present in the 10-minute data files.

The same for Savona.

The squares I drew on the map are approximate; these are the coordinates.

Searching in the 10-minute files, there are no lightning strikes within these squares, whereas they are shown on the map.

The time range is 14:00 – 16:00 UTC of 08 Oct. 2026

Alessandria: [8.52682, 44.97476], [8.83306, 44.97476], [8.83306, 44.81478], [8.52682, 44.81478], [8.52682, 44.97476]
Savona: [8.41797, 44.31886], [8.51600, 44.31886], [8.51600, 44.26840], [8.41797, 44.26840], [8.41797, 44.31886]

In the 10-minute files, I don't have any lightning strikes in these squares, while on the map there are. Why is that?

Are the 10-minute files subjected to further validation? Are they cleaner from false positives that are instead present on the live map?

I also have 2 screenshots:

1) blitzortung
[Image: blitzortung.png]

2)lightningmaps (I know it is no longer supported)
[Image: lightningmaps.png]
Reply
#2
what is your station number?


Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Reply
#3
Hi Cutty,

thank you for the reply.

The area is covered by many stations; in particular, there are two stations in Savona close to the area of interest.

Here are the IDs of the stations around the point: 502, 3218, 1259, 2781, 226, 189, 2792, 2898, 3123.

There are no stations very close to Alessandria. 

There are two stations very close to Savona: 2898 and 2792.

Near Alessandria there are no

[Image: stations.jpg]
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)