Blitzortung.org Forum
accessing web page interface - Printable Version

+- Blitzortung.org Forum (https://forum.blitzortung.org)
+-- Forum: Public Forums (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: accessing web page interface (/showthread.php?tid=1126)

accessing web page interface - Jim Mandaville - 2015-02-18

I'm operating a new station with everything apparently going okay. Could someone please explain how to access one's web interface? My browser is Mac Safari. I find the IP on the LCD of my controller. Do I use the first line of the IP only? Do I need to use the subnet mask and gateway, also? So far, using the first line of the IP found on the LCD I am not reaching the web interface. Does one have to enter this while inside blitzortung.org someplace? So far I am just trying to use my Mac Safari browser. Any guidance appreciated.

Jim Mandaville[/align]

RE: accessing web page interface - DelandeC - 2015-02-18

Just enter the IP adress in the adress bar of Safari and then press "Enter".

The IP adress is something like 192.168.1.5 or 192.168.0.5, it depends of your router. Wink

RE: accessing web page interface - Benedict.Smith - 2015-02-18

(2015-02-18, 15:09)Jim Mandaville Wrote: I'm operating a new station with everything apparently going okay. Could someone please explain how to access one's web interface? My browser is Mac Safari. I find the IP on the LCD of my controller. Do I use the first line of the IP only? Do I need to use the subnet mask and gateway, also? So far, using the first line of the IP found on the LCD I am not reaching the web interface. Does one have to enter this while inside blitzortung.org someplace? So far I am just trying to use my Mac Safari browser. Any guidance appreciated.

Jim Mandaville[/align]

I also use a Mac and have no problems accessing the web interface, assuming that both your Mac and your controller are plugged into the same network then you should just need to enter the IP address in the address bar on Safari.
It is possible that your controller is not getting an IP address from your router, if that is the case then you either need to enable DHCP in the router settings (and possibly the controller if you have changed the default setting) or change the controllers IP to match your subnet (first 3 groups of address the same as the Mac, last group set to a number higher than 001 and less than 255, and also one that is not being used by anything else on your network)
Hope that helps a bit.
Ben.

Nb if you are trying to access it from outside your network then it gets more complicated, you would need to forward port 80 in your router to the IP address assigned to the controller and then browse the WAN address that your ISP assigned to your router, however this can leave your network open to hackers if you are not very careful. (DONT do it unless you are very sure you understand the risks)

RE: accessing web page interface - hans - 2015-02-18

Dir Jim,

To give useful help, we need a little bit more info.
Read out the IP address from the LCD display. Next enter "ping" and the IP address in a shell prompt of your MAC.
For example: ping 1.2.3.4
if 1.2.3.4 would be the address seen on the LCD.
what is the error message of this command ?
next we need the output of: ifconfig -a

Kind regards
Hans

--