Blitzortung.org Forum
Any Systems up for sale and any advice nearby Lincoln U.K (Newcomer) - Printable Version

+- Blitzortung.org Forum (https://forum.blitzortung.org)
+-- Forum: Public Forums (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: Any Systems up for sale and any advice nearby Lincoln U.K (Newcomer) (/showthread.php?tid=1811)

Any Systems up for sale and any advice nearby Lincoln U.K (Newcomer) - m0siy - 2016-06-15

Greetings good people 
I have threatened this for a while now so ive joined forum in order to ask does anyone havea full system for sale as would love to help the project and also is there anyone who can give laymans terms advice to me on setup advice etc etc...thankyou in advance.
Regards to all
Simon

RE: Any Systems up for sale and any advice nearby Lincoln U.K (Newcomer) - cutty - 2016-06-15

(2016-06-15, 16:47)m0siy Wrote: Greetings good people 
I have threatened this for a while now so ive joined forum in order to ask does anyone havea full system for sale as would love to help the project and also is there anyone who can give laymans terms advice to me on setup advice etc etc...thankyou in advance.
Regards to all
Simon

Hi Simon...
I'm not sure what Layman's terms might mean to you... but the folks on this Forum, and others, will be glad to help. Please keep in mind that some background in weather, electronics, etc is most helpful. I'm not sure this system can be operated in "layman's terms"... there needs to be some technical background there, because this system won't "Plug 'n' Play" with maximum effectiveness...sometimes a 'bad result' is really quite simple if the background is there...  read all you can, ask for definitions... because we will use terms from the industry, and terms we've sort of 'evolved' and developed ourselves... like most of us, you'll just have to research and learn!
I'd suggest a thorough scan of the info links on "cover your area"... and a thorough reading of the forums board at WxForum.net...
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=115.0 may give you what you're asking... 
that board covers how the Americas Region operators gained any expertise... things are there that aren't here on the public forum,....  chances are good every question you'll see asked anywhere is already covered by that bunch of folks! 
More important than 'background' is desire and willingness... but you'll have to do some 'self-education'.... go find out what successful operators have learned, and innovated... from start to resolution of issue!  Save you a lot of headache...
Right now, kits are held up with some parts availability issues.. .  a bit later, folks might offer some RED systems for purchase, but that may take some months.

Cheers!
Mike

RE: Any Systems up for sale and any advice nearby Lincoln U.K (Newcomer) - m0siy - 2016-06-15

Thanks for the reply Mike
Electronics im not to bad at hold an advanced ham license here in UK it was more for general ideas etc thanks for link and advice matey ill look in a bit once kiddies are put to bed had a wonderful storm come through here makes it interesting to say the least when ive got 370ft loop at 50ft and various hf vhf beams at 60ft was tracking it thru here quick dash to unplug lol 
Tnx for your input appreciate it
Regards Sy

RE: Any Systems up for sale and any advice nearby Lincoln U.K (Newcomer) - sparky - 2016-08-17

Hi there. I am also very interested in obtaining a system. I can build it or if part built no problem for me at all. I also hold a class one license in the UK and in Thailand where I am now.
I have had a fascination on lightning since I had a visit from zoos some 35 years ago now. And let me tell you it F------g harts. I was lucky and just have some marks on my neck and back and a fond memory of flying thought the air with the greatest of ease.
Anyway that’s another story.
We only have one detector here in Thailand and that is in BKK and I would like to make that two.
So if anyone can help me please let me know.

Paul

RE: Any Systems up for sale and any advice nearby Lincoln U.K (Newcomer) - cutty - 2016-08-17

(2016-08-17, 07:58)sparky Wrote: Hi there. I am also very interested in obtaining a system. I can build it or if part built no problem for me at all. I also hold a class one license in the UK and in Thailand where I am now.
I have had a fascination on lightning since I had a visit from zoos some 35 years ago now. And let me tell you it F------g harts. I was lucky and just have some marks on my neck and back and a fond memory of flying thought the air with the greatest of ease.
Anyway that’s another story.
We only have one detector here in Thailand and that is in BKK and I would like to make that two.
So if anyone can help me please let me know.

Paul

Lightning YOW !
...which explains the username 'Sparky'.... 
 ... what a miracle you are... !
If you haven't already entered a request, please follow the instructions at https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=1656
... and include your comments above in your request..
you can also cancel your request if a 'used' system should be available from someone, if you wish.

Cheers,
Mike