Blitzortung.org Forum
spare boards, somewhere - Printable Version

+- Blitzortung.org Forum (https://forum.blitzortung.org)
+-- Forum: Public Forums (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: spare boards, somewhere (/showthread.php?tid=638)

spare boards, somewhere - Detlef_A - 2014-07-10

Hi forum,

I discovered blitzortung recently and Im very enthusiastic about the idea. Unfortunately new boards for system Red will be available at the earliest this autumn. I dont want to wait that long, so my question: Are there any spare boards available somewhere? The board layout files alone (it is Eagle, right?!) would also be sufficient, I'd have the boards manufactured somewhere.

THX, hope to join the network soon.
Cheers
Detlef
Berlin/Germany

RE: spare boards, somewhere - Knickohr - 2014-07-10

Hi Detlef,

I've ask Egon for the layout files too, but I'm understanding that he doesn't provide us the files.

I will take a station to Namibia next month, I only need an controller board. Have one H-Field amp in spare.

The only thing is to wait until Egon has new boards.

Thomas

RE: spare boards, somewhere - cutty - 2014-07-10

(2014-07-10, 07:06)Detlef_A Wrote: Hi forum,

I discovered blitzortung recently and Im very enthusiastic about the idea. Unfortunately new boards for system Red will be available at the earliest this autumn. I dont want to wait that long, so my question: Are there any spare boards available somewhere? The board layout files alone (it is Eagle, right?!) would also be sufficient, I'd have the boards manufactured somewhere.

THX, hope to join the network soon.
Cheers
Detlef
Berlin/Germany
Hi Detlef...
Hang in there with us! There are good things coming, but first the developers must get all the servers and programming updated to handle all the new data and the very high demand for new stations! No kits, new boards or designs will be considered until that has happened. Please be aware that the recent high interest surprised everyone, so we have called a 'time out' so the exciting future will be trouble free! This may take a bit of time, but it will be worth it! No one expected a 'hobby' to explode like Blitzortung has!
Mike

RE: spare boards, somewhere - MrB - 2014-08-20

(2014-07-10, 08:15)Cutty Wrote: No one expected a 'hobby' to explode like Blitzortung has!
Mike

I did! Big Grin

I had been wanting to be a participant from very early on and had even enquired about a kit, but I soon came to the realization that I was in no position to have a dedicated computer or internet connection running 24hours a day. I had no doubt that there would be a lot of other people around the world in a similar position to me.
As soon as I heard about the stand-alone RED system I was very excited that I was finally going to be able to participate and I just knew that it would be a massive boon for the network.

Very happy days!
Now all we need are plenty more participants in Australia.

RE: spare boards, somewhere - RichoAnd - 2014-08-20

Internet connection must be on 24hours a day

RE: spare boards, somewhere - MrB - 2014-08-23

Yep, that's why I said 'I was in no position'.... at the time when I was first interested I only had 56k dial-up available to me. Eventually when I did get decent internet(although, expensive wireless, I still pay $80 a month), I still didn't like the idea of having a dedicated PC running 24 hours. The RED changed all that.