Blitzortung.org Forum
When are kits back in stock? - Printable Version

+- Blitzortung.org Forum (https://forum.blitzortung.org)
+-- Forum: Public Forums (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=31)
+--- Thread: When are kits back in stock? (/showthread.php?tid=707)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

When are kits back in stock? - Crozing - 2014-07-31

I was looking to purchase a kit a few weeks ago and as many have discovered they were all sold out. My questions of when they might be available again was answered with a "periodically check blitzortung.org." Can anyone confirm where the information might be posted? Alternatively an answer to this post when someone knows they're available and I'll get an email.

I'm new to using forums so i'm not sure how to monitor them so I apologise in advance if I'm being a dummkopf.

TIA

RE: When are kits back in stock? - W3DRM - 2014-07-31

(2014-07-31, 01:20)Crozing Wrote: I was looking to purchase a kit a few weeks ago and as many have discovered they were all sold out. My questions of when they might be available again was answered with a "periodically check blitzortung.org." Can anyone confirm where the information might be posted? Alternatively an answer to this post when someone knows they're available and I'll get an email.

I'm new to using forums so i'm not sure how to monitor them so I apologise in advance if I'm being a dummkopf.

TIA

Since none of us really know when the "kits" will be available again, I would suggest just watching this forum. I have several friends who also are waiting for the green light to place their orders. Unfortunately, as stated in the email responses, it may be a while before this happens. There are many things in the works that need to be finalized before any of the kits are once again available.

The good news, if you can stand the delay, is that we may very well be rewarded with both an enhanced and more capable server network as well as a more advanced design for lightning detection. I say this only as a regular owner and user of a RED system with both H-field and E-field pcbs. All of us anxiously await whatever news is released regarding the Blitzortung kits.

When are kits back in stock? - Crozing - 2014-07-31

Thanks for the response. I just don't know how to use forums I guess because there just seems so many conversations. I have no idea knowing which one it will be in.

RE: When are kits back in stock? - Dale.Reid - 2014-07-31

I would agree it would be nice to know, from the designers, as to where we should look and monitor for the announcement of the kit availability.

Will it be in the main body of topics, as a new topic?

Will it be on the Cover Your Area tab?

I know that a lot of demand is awaiting them!

Dale

RE: When are kits back in stock? - computer42 - 2014-07-31

Hi,

I am also interested in purchasing a kit as well and agree that the wait will be well worth while to get the improvements they are looking at making.

Would the suppliers consider creating a pre order list of people who are interested in purchasing a kit. This would also give them an ideal of the interest in their project and help with deciding on how many kits to create to sell.

73’s Peter (Gm0ezr)

RE: When are kits back in stock? - cutty - 2014-07-31

The developers really are pushed getting new algorithms and infrastructure in place. And taking time off for relaxation and rehab after this busy spring. Keep your interest alive, and watch the 'what's new' page, and this forum. Those that have maintained interest, and stayed alert will know,... your order can be placed then!
Smile

When are kits back in stock? - cbhiii - 2014-07-31

Good advice.

However, there is no RSS feed for the "What's new" page. Am I missing it, or will checking back now and again be truly a hit and miss event potentially?

RE: When are kits back in stock? - cutty - 2014-07-31

No, There isn't one.
Yes.
Check also "cover your area" page.

RE: When are kits back in stock? - va3mw - 2014-08-01

(2014-07-31, 19:59)Cutty Wrote: No, There isn't one.
Yes.

The cover your area page still says July 11th. Smile

Mike

RE: When are kits back in stock? - mima030 - 2014-08-01

Please explain to me labels N, NW, and everything else? What does it mean those minutes on the left, thanks!

RE: When are kits back in stock? - W3DRM - 2014-08-02

(2014-08-01, 19:18)va3mw Wrote:
(2014-07-31, 19:59)Cutty Wrote: No, There isn't one.
Yes.

The cover your area page still says July 11th. Smile

Mike

Actually, to be more clear, the Cover Your Area page says "We make a summer break starting from 11 July. After July 11, for several weeks, no kits or boards are sent.".

So, it may be quite some time before we begin hearing about the new kits being available again. As has been said numerous times, we just need to be patient and wait for the announcement to come out from Egon and crew.

RE: When are kits back in stock? - Dr Obbins - 2014-08-02

[Image: impatient1.gif]

RE: When are kits back in stock? - cutty - 2014-08-02

(2014-08-02, 13:28)Dr Obbins Wrote: [Image: impatient1.gif]
Oh! ... BUT JUST WAIT! [Image: exg2t.png]

RE: When are kits back in stock? - RichoAnd - 2014-08-02

I could not resist Angel

RE: When are kits back in stock? - Dale.Reid - 2014-08-03

A hot soldering iron is a terrible thing to waste.

Better unplug the soldering station until we hear more.

RE: When are kits back in stock? - Arnaut.Stomphorst - 2014-09-03

I'm also waiting to order:
E-Field Amplifier 13.1b kit
E-Field Pre-Amplifier 14.1b

but no answer from germany.

RE: When are kits back in stock? - DelandeC - 2014-09-03

Stay calm!
There are so much other things to do Big Grin

RE: When are kits back in stock? - Tobi - 2014-09-03

All kits from August have been sold so far. We currently can not say whether we can offer new kits this year. Improving our underlying system is currently much more important than adding more and more stations.

RE: When are kits back in stock? - tpweather - 2014-09-04

Damn! I was going to place order today. Ah well, I shall await for them to be available here in Western Australia.

Re: When are kits back in stock? - David.Gamble - 2014-09-04

W.A. may be a special case - which part? It would be great to get a station up north.