Blitzorduck Thoughts
[Image: Useful%20Tools-M.jpg]
The Little AM Radio can Fill The Bill for a lot of Noise Source Quacking...
...saved a lot of Web Wear on my quacking feet.
[Image: sitting%20duck%20thought%20wk-S.jpg]
Tailfeathers hurt? Bill in a Bind?
Trying to get optimized and eliminate noise?
Don't Quack Up! Buy or Rent a Frustration Filter.

[Image: BlitzorduckFrustrationFilter-M.jpg]

[Image: BlitzorduckFrustrationFilter2-M.jpg]

(That's my Cousin, Dewey Drake... he quacks for food.)
Is there a moderator in the house? ;-)
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
(2017-10-12, 21:05)Blitzorduck Wrote: The Little AM Radio can Fill The Bill for a lot of Noise Source Tracking...

Good advice indeed!
Regards,
Mike W.
(2017-10-12, 21:57)mwaters Wrote:
(2017-10-12, 21:05)Blitzorduck Wrote: The Little AM Radio can Fill The Bill for a lot of Noise Source Tracking...

Good advice indeed!

Heh... never take ourselves too seriously... Lightning  Keeps the pain at a minimum....

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
How useful is that Trifield EMF meter, and what is the best setting? And how does it compare to a portable AM radio?

(This is my Trifield Air Ion Detector. I know they make good stuff.)
Regards,
Mike W.
(2017-10-13, 19:15)mwaters Wrote: How useful is that Trifield EMF meter, and what is the best setting? And how does it compare to a portable AM radio?

(This is my Trifield Air Ion Detector. I know they make good stuff.)

My experience with the AM radio is it can get you in the area, and I located some with it... but the Tri-Field is great for tracking direct to the source... I can walk right up to the device with it... now that depends on where and what the device is, but it's how I know my remaining intermittent noise will take a bomb, arson, rifle or similar to eliminate ...

Settings? I dunno... I first determine if it's Electric, Magnetic, or RF... for Magnetic, I change between the two scales as needed--- whatever... walk around with it, and a few seconds have a line, a few more seconds a general direction, then just a matter of walking that direction, watching the meter indications.

Electric and RF are detected out of the Top of the unit... just point in a direction and "follow the box" watching stronger meter levels... for magnetic more or less depend on 'meter' readings to determine direction and location, takes a bit more walk around, and you follow the 'stronger' readings... really fun when you've got more than one source.

That's about it for 'nearby' stuff.... those 'distant' or different sources,  I guess you'd still have to infer. You probably can do nothing to mitigate a Submarine Comm station, or a Pet fence or Robot Mower, but at least you can determine the source.

The Tri-Field is supposed to be good at tracking GHOSTS also... see it on those weird TV shows all the time...  I can't validate that, however... .

The Little Signal Generator BlitzorDuck shows works well at the preamp side.... just connect a scope probe to it's output, lay it on the antenna, for example and adjust the output freq to "beat down'  or mix with an incoming persistent signal.... you can sometimes nail it's exact freq doing that.... fairly quick and easy, if that's desired. Watch either with oscope, or on the Signals GUI... it works, if anynone's interested.  Suggested you get one that you can vary the freq on directly without stopping, and punching in more numbers, The Duck tells me that one doesn't work that way.  (Gotta Trust The Duck.) He says he copped it at Goose Gaggle Garage Sale while their beaks were turned.

Thanks! Maybe I will get one someday.
Regards,
Mike W.
Hi All, The H field amp and a couple of inches a of coax with just the centre connected and 25 metres or so of cat 6 cable makes a very good probe for wandering around the house and close by! Easier if you have someone to watch the screen.

Brian.  Smile
Stations:
Blitzortung History...
The Untold Story...

Back about 1896, inspired by Hertz, Franklin, Galvani, Marconi, Popov, Volta, and others,
my Great-Great-GranDuck Tesla Drake discovered that when a lightning rod was connected to a frog's bottom,
and lightning was nearby, not only did the legs jerk, but the frog could ring a bell,
thus alerting folks of lightning in the area.
...the very first Blistered Tongue Lightning Detector system...

[Image: blitzortongue2.jpg]

...and Great-Great-Grandma opened the First Fast Food Fried Frog Leg restaurant.

Later, as the 21st Century arrived,
Dr. Egon Wanke began development of a private, low cost, experimental Lightning Detection System,
and by 2009 some of the first systems began appearing.
[Image: green2009.jpg]
However "Blistered Tongue' was apparently mis-translated into German,
(or perhaps because of the updated Frog Firmware and Controller design)
the system is now called "Blitzortung"...

...In recognition of Tesla Drake's pioneering work,
and the contributions of numerous frogs,
the first Blitzortung system was called "System Green".

And there you have it.
Pretty clever!

"Dr." Egon reminds me, I think several of the developers have doctorates or other higher education.
Regards,
Mike W.
Now I want to know what's behind that password protected section on Our Special Net AND I want a Trifield Detector..... Wink
Stations: 1961
[Image: EducateDuckling-L.jpg]
Was Web Foot surfing around my friend's home network, and quacked into his Blitz research files.
Stubbed my left web on this bit of obvious nonsense he is apparently preparing inflict on the community.

I like my Friend, but I personally think he's gone quackers, and, hopefully, leaking this document may prevent him being
subject to much ridicule if it leaked otherwise. Majority of folks won't take this ducked up proposal seriously, anyway.
So, I've quacked and moved his brain-cloud to my SSD (Super Scientific Duck) files, and am leaking his document.

Quantum Chickens, indeed! My great-uncle Albert Duckstein is quaking on his webs, relatively speaking, and cousin Max Quaplank is positively radiating flaming bits of his pinfeathers!

Much as I like Cutty Sark Sailor, I think he was waddling on the Good Ship's main deck once again, tangled his webs, and quacked his head against the main mast... nobody sober could swim with this pond-scum in the lake... His tailfeathers obviously need oiling.

"Lightning Impulses Don't Hertz" ain't even up to his usual standard of atrocious bill-clinching puns.

.pdf   Split Coil Addenda6.pdf (Size: 3.53 MB / Downloads: 18)
Hey Duck!
LightSpeed is 186,000 MPS, relatively speaking.  Lightning bolts about 93,000. Therefore, Lightning Theories are just half-fast physics. --Cutty said it first.

Pay attention to Mark Twain before you throw DuckDown at me! Thought you were my pal.
"THE TROUBLE AIN’T THAT THERE IS TOO MANY FOOLS, BUT THAT THE LIGHTNING AIN’T DISTRIBUTED RIGHT."  -- Mark Twain

I'm revoking your network access from the pond, for awhile.

(2021-05-10, 14:33)Blitzorduck Wrote: Was Web Foot surfing around my friend's home network, and quacked into his Blitz research files.
Stubbed my left web on this bit of obvious nonsense he is apparently preparing inflict on the community.

I like my Friend, but I personally think he's gone quackers, and, hopefully, leaking this document may prevent him being
subject to much ridicule if it leaked otherwise. Majority of folks won't take this ducked up proposal seriously, anyway.
So, I've quacked and moved his brain-cloud to my SSD (Super Scientific Duck) files, and am leaking his document.

Quantum Chickens, indeed! My great-uncle Albert Duckstein is quaking on his webs, relatively speaking, and cousin Max Quaplank is positively radiating flaming bits of his pinfeathers!

Much as I like Cutty Sark Sailor, I think he was waddling on the Good Ship's main deck once again, tangled his webs, and quacked his head against the main mast... nobody sober could swim with this pond-scum in the lake... His tailfeathers obviously need oiling.

"Lightning Impulses Don't Hertz" ain't even up to his usual standard of atrocious bill-clinching puns.

[Image: pdf.gif]   Split Coil Addenda6.pdf (Size: 3.53 MB / Downloads: 8)

(2021-05-10, 14:52)cutty Wrote: Hey Duck!
LightSpeed is 186,000 MPS, relatively speaking.  Lightning bolts about 93,000. Therefore, Lightning Theories are just half-fast physics. --Cutty said it first.

Pay attention to Mark Twain before you throw DuckDown at me! Thought you were my pal.
"THE TROUBLE AIN’T THAT THERE IS TOO MANY FOOLS, BUT THAT THE LIGHTNING AIN’T DISTRIBUTED RIGHT."  -- Mark Twain

I'm revoking your network access from the pond, for awhile.

.... I'm about to tie him to my mast mounted E fields... thunderstorms tonight, roast duck for breakfast tomorrow.

(2021-05-10, 19:22)cutty Wrote: .... I'm about to tie him to my mast mounted E fields... thunderstorms tonight, roast duck for breakfast tomorrow.

some Basmati and a dip sauce, sound perfect 
[Image: 22db2e3aeb47288465742da4caa3f571_w200.gif]
Stations: 1476
Hi, my dad loves all kinds of measuring things, not too long ago I was into it too, but now I'm only interested in reading about it))
Suggested you get one that you can vary the freq on directly without stopping, and punching in more numbers, The Duck tells me that one doesn't work that way.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
we can do without spam and retro links