Station don't appear in Stations List
Exclamation 
hello,

I am aware of the problems of the server in theses last days.

I have the station 2280. It's working fine. 
All the other stations here in Portugal are now already in the Stations list, but mine is still missing.

Do i need to do something to solve this? Or the server itsel will correct this?

Thank you!
Hello,

Did you add your station to your account?
Note that there are currently some issues with the database...

Regards
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
(2018-10-30, 16:43)DelandeC Wrote: Hello,

Did you add your station to your account?

Regards

Hello. 
yes... i had it already for some weeks working fine and in the station list... 

just wanted to now if need to do something, after these server problems...

It looks like it's registering lightnings.. in lightningmaps, i can see it go green with every lightning detected.

It's just missing form the Station list.. but it looks its working fine.
I have exactly the same issue. 2310 has been on the list for a few weeks, now its missing. Must still be a problem with the database.
(2018-10-30, 16:54)Meteofontes Wrote:
(2018-10-30, 16:43)DelandeC Wrote: Did you add your station to your account?

Hello. 
yes... i had it already for some weeks working fine and in the station list... 
just wanted to now if need to do something, after these server problems...
It looks like it's registering lightnings.. in lightningmaps, i can see it go green with every lightning detected.
It's just missing form the Station list.. but it looks its working fine.

My station (and everyone else's), has the same issue. See this thread for the latest updates.
https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread...m#pid19028
We just need to be patient while Tobi, Egon, and Richo work through this and get it all back up and running.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
Dear Participants,

yes, this is a problem with our database, please reassign the station to your account.

Regards,
Egon
Stations: 2656
Hi Egon,

How do we do that (as in re-assign the station to our account)? I cannot see my own station either, 2316. I no longer have a link on the controller page.

Status page looks good, I have placed antennas this afternoon, so the whole system is up now.

Best,

Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I have tried to remove the station, but now I'm told I'm using a guest account and cannot modify it, never mind assign a station. If I click on the link on the Controller page (it's gone back to "create an account" with the link) I'm asked to create a new account on lightningmaps.org.

Any ideas?
Hi,

Login in the blitzortung user's area with the accout you created: http://en.blitzortung.org/login.php
Scroll down to "Assign a new station (Processor-ID)" and enter the processor ID you can find on the crontroller status page.
Click save.

If it does not work, you may try to create a new account following the link on the controller page.
Lightningmaps and blitzortung share the same database, thus you can create your account on this website.
Clément
(2018-10-31, 09:27)DelandeC Wrote: Hi,

Login in the blitzortung user's area with the accout you created: http://en.blitzortung.org/login.php
Scroll down to "Assign a new station (Processor-ID)" and enter the processor ID you can find on the crontroller status page.
Click save.

If it does not work, you may try to create a new account following the link on the controller page.
Lightningmaps and blitzortung share the same database, thus you can create your account on this website.

Thanks for that - I have used the "Device-ID" field from the Controller page, and it has now re-registered under my account. Next question is, how long does it take for the station to appear in the station list, or the stats to show up on lightningmaps.org? It's currently as if the station does not exist.

Best,

Mike
Again, as there are currently some issues with the database, we are not able to give you a time when your station will be listed.
Clément
(2018-10-31, 14:11)DelandeC Wrote: Again, as there are currently some issues with the database, we are not able to give you a time when your station will be listed.

Some data as the [Strokes and Signals detected] are working ok showing correctly in the lightningmaps.org.  Probably station data split between several tables/databases, so not all of them lost.

If you see the   Last update:11,852 minutes ago  it seems other data are not passing by.  When this goes down to ~ minute it will  mean  that staff finished the repair.

The station database backup were obviously a month+ old for this table/database, so the newer stations like mine and yours are out at the moment.
I just tried the "delete station and re-add station" technique but it didn't work. My station was deleted and then re-added but nothing appears in the list.

I tried to access the status link (https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread...m#pid19028) but I am told that I don't have permissions to access that page or my account may need activation (again?).

It's a bit frustrating though, after many months of waiting for my Blue kit, building it and getting it working, only to find my data is currently being ignored. ;-)  And this Friday we are expecting thunderstorm here in the UK. It would be nice to see my green dot appearing for real.

I guess we will all have to be patient until the database recovery is complete.

It would be helpful if there was a status page on the user-only part of the website that kept us informed of current status and then, maybe, we wouldn't be posting our frustrations here.
(2018-11-05, 18:12)dgoadby Wrote: I just tried the "delete station and re-add station" technique but it didn't work. My station was deleted and then re-added but nothing appears in the list.

I tried to access the status link (https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread...m#pid19028) but I am told that I don't have permissions to access that page or my account may need activation (again?).

It's a bit frustrating though, after many months of waiting for my Blue kit, building it and getting it working, only to find my data is currently being ignored. ;-)  And this Friday we are expecting thunderstorm here in the UK. It would be nice to see my green dot appearing for real.

It would be helpful if there was a status page on the user-only part of the website that kept us informed of current status and then, maybe, we wouldn't be posting our frustrations here.

Understand... more than you might imagine...  Especially since this affects may of the newer systems... all we can ask is patience at this point. In the meantime, even us 'older timers' with multiple systems etc feel and understand...

You cannot access those restricted links because the security does NOT recognized your status... unfortunately,... and that absolutely needs to be resolved, but it's all related...
The status links are also susceptible to change or availability  as they fiasco is explored...

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Let's simplify these if we can... and bring all the 'station' listing issues in bare simplicity at one thread the developers can scan.
https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=2764

No comments there, let the developers see the 'facts', so they can go from there...

(2018-11-05, 22:35)Cutty Wrote:
(2018-11-05, 18:12)dgoadby Wrote: I just tried the "delete station and re-add station" technique but it didn't work. My station was deleted and then re-added but nothing appears in the list.

Understand... more than you might imagine...  Especially since this affects may of the newer systems... all we can ask is patience at this point. In the meantime, even us 'older timers' with multiple systems etc feel and understand...

You cannot access those restricted links because the security does NOT recognized your status... unfortunately,... and that absolutely needs to be resolved, but it's all related...
The status links are also susceptible to change or availability  as they fiasco is explored...

Thanks for your comments. I'm a patient guy and also a retired IT consultant so I know what a mess a database fault can be.  In the meantime I have mounted my ferrite rods outside and I am now building the E sensor.   Smile

Dec 5th 2018: Update. My station is now appearing on http://en.blitzortung.org/live_lightning_maps.php ok but not on https://www.lightningmaps.org. I have no idea what the relationship is between the two sites. I am sure the database problem is not yet 100% fixed and that is the reason.
(2018-10-30, 10:08)Meteofontes Wrote: hello,

I am aware of the problems of the server in theses last days.

I have the station 2280. It's working fine. 
All the other stations here in Portugal are now already in the Stations list, but mine is still missing.

Do i need to do something to solve this? Or the server itsel will correct this?

Thank you!

Thanks for the reporting of a problem similar to mine.
I have registered as member 1812, and with station 2332.
I note that they haven't appeared in the station or user list.
I've just put this down to database issues.
Also I wondered if there was a latency before new entries appear.

So I'm just going to sit tight and wait and the databases will catch up I hope.

I'm just keen to see that I'm transmitting good data.

Chris Andrews
My station has appeared in the list and the statistics are interesting to see.
I would like to edit the location details and the user comment.
Clicking on the icon does not bring up the option of my station.
Is there anything special I have to do to edit this entry?
Chris Andrews
(2018-11-29, 21:09)chris.a@pobox.com Wrote: Is there anything special I have to do to edit this entry?
Chris Andrews

You must log in to Blitzortung Org.. not this forum.  http://en.blitzortung.org/login.php
That takes you to your user page which lists your station(s). You must use the User Id and password assigned when you registered your station.

Many thanks.
Have done this, however table entry not able to be edited.
I am putting this down to the database problem, and am happily just waiting for the database to catch up.
Chris A

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stations List andyweather 0 8,327 2015-05-07, 13:57
Last Post: andyweather