Account Setup
A question....

is the IP address that I use to login to the Controller supposed to be the same or different as the Static IP address located in Controller/Settings/Network/Static IP....

The reason I ask, when I hover my cursor over the lower case I (for information) it says "IP address of your controller..."

Anyway my Controller login address is a bit different than the Static IP address...

Thanks,
Mike
(Manual entry by admin:  Station 2334)
Stations: 2334, 2382
(2018-12-05, 03:59)Mike Wrote: A question....

is the IP address that I use to login to the Controller supposed to be the same or different as the Static IP address located in Controller/Settings/Network/Static IP....

The reason I ask, when I hover my cursor over the lower case I (for information) it says "IP address of your controller..."  

Anyway my Controller login address is a bit different than the Static IP address...

Thanks,
Mike

If you're using the static IP option then that should be the IP you use to connect to the controller. But be 100% sure you don't have "DHCP" ticked on teh controller otherwise your router will give you an auto IP address - If you're seeing a difference, maybe your router hasn't yet allocated the new static IP address or you have "DHCP" ticked? Some routers have the ability to renew lease while others require you to power off/on the router. 

To complicate the matter, at one stage my controller was being allocated a different IP than what I had set in the Static IP area, so I then did a TCPIP DHCP reservation on my router based on the MAC address of the controller. I believe that issue was rectified a while ago and should be fixed if you're using 9.1

If restarting the router or renewing the lease doesn't work, you might have to do a DHCP reservation for the controller on the router? If you do that be sure the controller has "DHCP" ticked then restart the controller after doing the reservation on the router.
[Image: wxgraphic.php?type=banner_big]

Stations: 2039
FYI,
In the Controller, Tools, System and Debug Log....this is what I get over and over...

Http: Request: Time Out
Remote: Config error: Time Out
Http: Request: Connection error (-13)
Remote: Config: Server Switched to 0

Remote: Config: Server Switched to 2

and then it repeats shortly after that...
I appears that I'm just not getting connected into the server(s)

Mike
Eagle River...
(2018-12-07, 17:56)Mike Wrote: FYI,
In the Controller, Tools, System and Debug Log....this is what I get over and over...

Http: Request:  Time Out
Remote: Config error:  Time Out
Http:  Request:  Connection error (-13)
Remote: Config:  Server Switched to 0

Remote:  Config:  Server Switched to 2

and then it repeats shortly after that...
I appears that I'm just not getting connected into the server(s)

Mike
Eagle River...
Mike, since this is technical of nature and you now have access to the internal forum, please post it under
Internal, Station Hardware and Firmware, Troubleshooting. as a new thread.

Thanks

Dries
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
Dries,

I would have been nice if someone would have informed me about this entirely new area that I've not seen till today....

Thanks for the heads up....I'm just trying to get this $350 dollar unit working and so far I've just been enjoying blinking lights...

Mike
(2018-12-07, 21:02)Mike Wrote: Dries,

I would have been nice if someone would have informed me about this entirely new area that I've not seen till today....

Thanks for the heads up....I'm just trying to get this $350 dollar unit working and so far I've just been enjoying blinking lights...

Mike
Big Grin Wouldn't have done you any good... since you couldn't access it until I upgraded your group mempership to "participant" last night.
Now you have access to several sections the public doesn't...

Patience... your journey is just beginning... once you can connect, and start optimizing, that's where the fun is....
... then spring will roll around, and you'll have another set of 'optimizing' to do, possibly... this is not plug'n'play.

Sounds like you're down to a local network/IP issue ... so Dries suggests move to internal so the operators will be ones responding... not folks who don't have systems...  and no idea what they're talking about and a bit more 'privacy' on some discussion points.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2018-12-07, 21:02)Mike Wrote: I would have been nice if someone would have informed me about this entirely new area that I've not seen till today....

As Cutty said, this is a little different. Unfortunately, every participant has fumed about the lack of information and documentation.   Angry

Check your email, Mike. I sent a link to the Wiki here. And we're looking forward to seeing you on the internal forums! Smile
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
Thanks for holding my hand a bit Cutty!!

Mike
Eagle River, Wisconsin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Antenna setup. josecmorales 1 5,710 2021-07-19, 16:23
Last Post: cutty
  My E-field antenna setup TomVal 3 11,830 2020-11-05, 15:48
Last Post: cutty