what is the best setup for BO??
As K suggests, get in sync.. H on amp 1 and E on ampl 2...  that will be very important. /.// also on the 'services page', as you login to BT, make sure you've entered the antenna types correctly! http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=22710.0  toward the end of first posting. Also check that same thread for 'running both H and E field"... good foundation there, especially about "alternate channel mapping".. .

I'd suggest, if your station is running reasonably clean, as it appears to be, that 'distance' from cells, is the only thing lowering your numbers.
As we increase gain, lower thresholds, etc we are absolutely going to send 'un-useable' signals!  There are 'atmospheric' events that manifest as 'lightning', but really aren't... perhaps even meteor trails!  This is not a malfunction, or poor operation... it's just the nature of VLF / ELF reception!  For example, with the CMEs from Sol the last few days I've had some strange operation, probably due to GPS noise and interference... and anything interfering with time or phase can result in 'garbage' signals.

So, I grit my teeth, smile, and rely on the "network", not just my 'isolated' station,... we don't stand alone!... A little known paradigm, which may vary from region to region, I'm not sure,.... and may change without warning:

In terms of "time", and this is "for example"... First (8) stations are primary detectors.  Next (12) are secondary, for quality control, Others receiving are "detectors".  So while you're not 'top eight'. Your data is extremely important!!  And you'll want "quality" rather than the ability to detect signals in Canada, though your system may be capable of that,.

Play around with it.. enjoy the chase, find the 'sweet spot' where your station will 'normally' run, and not be in 'interference mode' http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=20439.0
and read and learn all you can, and 'store up' your experience to pass on to others!

Cheers!
M

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020

Messages In This Thread
RE: what is the best setup for BO?? - by cutty - 2015-06-24, 09:18

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking to setup a new station near Barcelone VLorz 5 29,123 2016-04-02, 09:57
Last Post: VLorz