network cable connection issue
Hi,

I got rained out this afternoon, so I am just testing the H field side, inside. I do not have a shielded cable going from the controller to my LAN. Now all seems to be working but I get the check network cable connection. The appears not to be any connection at the controller end or the LAN. Is it because of the non shielded cable or is there something more sinister. Sad

Jeff

(2015-01-23, 12:59)orion_jb2001 Wrote: Hi,

I got rained out this afternoon, so I am just testing the H field side, inside. I do not have a shielded cable going from the controller to my LAN. Now all seems to be working but I get the check network cable connection. The appears not to be any connection at the controller end or the LAN. Is it because of the non shielded cable or is there something more sinister. Sad

Jeff

It was something sinister. Just traced back some relevant circuits and found a couple of dry solders, seems to be up now. Smile

Jeff
Stations: 2041
No need for a shielded network cable to your LAN mate. You can ground the controller via the ground screw to a good earth stake (or water pipe IF it is metallic all the way, a lot of modern Aussie pipes are poly).
Check for DHCP issues with your router maybe?

Edit: you beat me to it. Dry joints don't help :-(
Stations: 915, 966
Yay connected, sort of..... I have put the station id numbers into my services user id section. I am not sure if it has been done properly because the station id warning keeps on coming up on the display.

Jeff

Sorted. a 0 that should have been a D.....lol. The station is on air. Now in a few hours, I will put the antennas up on the roof and we will start working all this out. Smile
Stations: 2041
Run the wire from wall to the input of the splitter then one leg of the output to the cable box the other to the cable modem. Make sure you get a 5 MHz to 1000 MHz splitter.
MOD NOTE: Suspect Troll from overall posts. 48hr ban

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issue starting Sunday August 1st at 13.00 PA4EME 2 7,297 2021-08-07, 23:08
Last Post: orion_jb2001
  Firmware issue (8.0 RED) Geewizard 5 26,507 2016-08-27, 14:12
Last Post: Geewizard