PC/Windows lightning notification app
Hi,

I would like to write an open source application for PC/Windows that will provide notification about the nearest lightning occurrences.
Please tell me from where and how can I access realtime data form blitzortung.org.

Thank you in advance,
Mariusz
Hi Mariusz
We appreciate your interest!
.... but, can't help you much here... the access to live data sources is only available to operators.
Please see
http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?page=7

Thanks!

Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your fast reply.
So to become the operator and gain an access to the data, I must first deploy a new station, right?

Thanks,
Mariusz
that's the idea

but for the moment no new station available as the new one (blue) isn't yet available ... still in mad development
Stations: 1476
In general, we don't say "no" to data access if someone who doesn't have a station contributes to our network in a different way (i.e. Apps). Just write us an email and you will get information on how to access some of the data. However, we can not support dozens of app developers who have similar ideas.

BTW: The realtime data stream can be accessed by everyone (websocket). Access is allowed by everyone for own purposes.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2015-08-11, 16:07)Tobi Wrote: BTW: The realtime data stream can be accessed by everyone (websocket). Access is allowed by everyone for own purposes.

Greetings. First of all, thank you for your great work. Awesome project. Hope someday i'll be able to become a participant.
Could you please tell, where i can find api(description) for ws? I couldnt find it anywhere. Is there a way to get each lightning strike precision(accuracy)?
Blitzortung ws service includes some strange values in response: mds, mcq, alt, pol. What are the meaning of this values? Thanks.
(2015-09-11, 14:38)Butch Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 16:07)Tobi Wrote: BTW: The realtime data stream can be accessed by everyone (websocket). Access is allowed by everyone for own purposes.

Greetings. First of all, thank you for your great work. Awesome project. Hope someday i'll be able to become a participant.
Could you please tell, where i can find api(description) for ws? I couldnt find it anywhere. Is there a way to get each lightning strike precision(accuracy)?
Blitzortung ws service includes some strange values in response: mds, mcq, alt, pol. What are the meaning of this values? Thanks.
On higher zoom, Lightning maps. org  you can see a circle which gives a 'deviation' possibility. The deviation is metric in terms of possible location errors...
•mds = maximal deviation span in nano seconds
•mcg = maximal circular gap in degrees
•alt = altitude in meters
•pol = polarity, -1 or +1
Note that not all these values are currently utilized... stay tuned Big Grin

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows App psper 4 23,725 2017-07-09, 15:38
Last Post: Punnettyagi