Pics of your hardware
hi people,

Im new here with my station 1514 and i want to see some pictures of your layout
How your antennas are build and connected.
How your antennas are placed

I have the system blue with the 2 ferrite rod antennas included.
Thank you.
Hello,

I don't have ferrite antennas but here is how my setup looks like.
E-field is on a tree. H-field is just above ground. (By the way, the frame antenna is made of way too big wood elements but it is only what I had left Big Grin)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
Here's my controller:

[Image: wqdO1c3.jpg]

I'll upload pictures of the antennas once I've installed them in the new location.
Stations: 1481
Link to a page that describes the execution of my RED stations (there are pictures):
http://www.boincatpoland.org/smf/blitzor...wykonania/
Ghetto style ferrite shielding à la Cutty. Adhesive aluminum foil wrapped around a tube of printer paper. The adhesive wasn't conductive so I had to make a bridge by patching the overlapping edge with an upside down piece of foil (picture #3). I left a 2mm gap to let the magnetic field inside (picture #4). I'm not even sure if this will decrease the noise, but I thought I'd try nonetheless.

[Image: 0MAJJTa.jpg]
[Image: bIDYxDr.jpg]
[Image: wlVOvPv.jpg] 
[Image: CTsEBGC.jpg]
Hello,

here are some pictures of my first test setup with shielded ferrits.
The station was powered over ethernet (50m cable) with TP-Link device.

Required for E-Field sensor to work properly:
Earthing!!
Done with 1 meter rod in ground.
It made the difference, even with this setup 50m away from any other power line.

Setup:

Controller:

Shielded ferrits; the aluminium foil is isolated overlapping:

E-Field preamp with about 300mm wire:

Earthing rod (not really visible):

My new interesting loop antennas:

They are made from 12mm copper tubes 2.5m length as provided in hardware stores.
Bend to a loop of 0.8m diameter.
The loop is closed by soldering the ends into a small copper combiner for these tubes.

Transformer is a RKÜ Type 2 from Wolfgang Friese with 50 turns.
The antennas are providing very big signals so that a total gain of 320 is enough.
The antennas are not the best for detecting near lightning.
They provide sharp and precise signals (high bandwidth) and many spikes which will be detected by the firmware of my system RED and filtered out.
When lightning is within 200km the spike rate will rise up to 50% and more.
Best detection range and efficiency when lightning is >500km and <2500km away.
The overall performance seem to be good.

With Regards

Martin
Stations: 2963
As promised, here are some pictures of my station running in its final location:

[Image: 1mFA9ny.jpg]
Controller and the LTE/3G router providing the controller with an Internet connection. Voltage regulator PCB 21 is also installed.

[Image: UoG6tEL.jpg]
Shielded ferrite antennas (200mm). The pre-amp is inside the box to protect it from dust and water that might seep through the roof, just as a precaution. It's located in a very old shed with no isolation whatsoever.

[Image: bOWUwjr.jpg]
E-field probe and pre-amp. I found the performance to be satisfactory even inside, so I left it there. The noise levels are really good with no electrical equipment nearby, other than the LTE/3G router.

[Image: kTbsuQx.jpg]
Overview picture. Sorry for the mess. I kept saying to myself: "nobody sees, nobody knows".  Big Grin
Here you can see how thin the walls are. The ground cable (grey) goes outside the shed to an 80cm rod which I drove into the ground.
E-field probe waterproofed and placed outside on a utility pole.

(2016-07-31, 14:53)Jorgeminator Wrote: E-field probe waterproofed and placed outside on a utility pole.

Thanks for your pictures, now i have some ideas to place my antennas  Big Grin
the plastic tube for the e-field antenna: what kind of tube is this?
waterpipe/Electrical wire pipe?

im searching for the same over here in belgium, but does not find a simular one.thanks
Stations: 1514
Hello,

Mine is made of pvc wterpipe with two closures on each side. A hole has been drilled in one closure so that I could install a cable gland.
Diameter 40mm.

Everything was found in a "Brico" in Belgium Wink
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
(2016-08-03, 12:44)DelandeC Wrote: Hello,

Mine is made of pvc wterpipe with two closures on each side. A hole has been drilled in one closure so that I could install a cable gland.
Diameter 40mm.

Found it in the belgium hubo shop  Big Grin
Thank you
Stations: 1514
(2016-08-03, 15:35)ropske Wrote:
(2016-08-03, 12:44)DelandeC Wrote: Hello,

Diameter 40mm.

Found it in the belgium hubo shop  Big Grin
Thank you

Mine was made roughly in the same way. Glad you found the parts needed.  Smile