New Station
Hi Guys,

I have system blue using 2 ferried rods, if I add the third one I should have a better signal ?
and if the antenna is placed outside should catch more stokes ?

I am new here, just installed system blue last week

thnaks for your help
Stations: 1978
Hi fmuskat,
I just had a look at the signals of your station. There seems to be a lot of noise in the frequency range above 40 kHz. Have you checked how clean the voltage of your power supply is? Here is how you can do it:
(many thanks to user kriu)
Menu "Blitzortung.org Controller" -> "Signals" tab -> "Signal Tools" -> "Sampling:" -> "Channel: V_in"

The third H channel is mainly for experiments, e.g. with a vertically mounted ferrite antenna, but I think it would be more interesting to add a E field antenna. This one has to be on the roof whereas the ferrite antennas can in principle be mounted inside, but this depends on the type of bulding. It seems that you are in a reinforced concrete building and that may attenuate the signal quite a bit. So if you can, put the antennas on the roof. 

I you cannot get rid of the noise by eliminating the sources, the low pass filters may be an option.
Stations: 1836
(2017-09-01, 13:40)pasense Wrote: Hi fmuskat,
I just had a look at the signals of your station. There seems to be a lot of noise in the frequency range above 40 kHz. Have you checked how clean the voltage of your power supply is? Here is how you can do it:
(many thanks to user kriu)
Menu "Blitzortung.org Controller" -> "Signals" tab -> "Signal Tools" -> "Sampling:" -> "Channel: V_in"

The third H channel is mainly for experiments, e.g. with a vertically mounted ferrite antenna, but I think it would be more interesting to add a E field antenna. This one has to be on the roof whereas the ferrite antennas can in principle be mounted inside, but this depends on the type of bulding. It seems that you are in a reinforced concrete building and that may attenuate the signal quite a bit. So if you can, put the antennas on the roof. 

I you cannot get rid of the noise by eliminating the sources, the low pass filters may be an option.

Thanks pansense for your help,

will plan to do e-field as well and put outside the H-field as well.
Stations: 1978