Local lightnong not on map, even though there are detectors
Hello All.

Just had some lightning in the Diablo Range east of San Jose, CA, USA, reported on weatherbug but not on blitzortung.
There are a number of detectors in Oakland and San Ramon, and looking at their data it seems that they are detecting strikes, 
and at about the right distance, but none appeared on the maps even during the storm.

I checked the time horizon on the map to make sure that they should appear, and they were still anomalously absent.

Any idea of what's happening? 

I took some screenshots of both of those sites as documentation. I'll downsize them and post.

Geezer D
Another instance of unmapped or undetected lightning in the SF Bay Area, within the last 15 minutes, in Alviso.
We heard it, and got an notification from the android app, Lightning Pro (paid version).
Closest Blitzortung detection is about 40 miles south, around San Luis Reservoir.

Any ideas why? Lack of local receivers that contribute to the network? Will that do it?
thanks for reading
Geezer D
(2024-02-01, 21:52)GeezerD Wrote: Another instance of unmapped or undetected lightning in the SF Bay Area, within the last 15 minutes, in Alviso.
We heard it, and got an notification from the android app, Lightning Pro (paid version).
Closest Blitzortung detection is about 40 miles south, around San Luis Reservoir.

Any ideas why? Lack of local receivers that contribute to the network? Will that do it?
thanks for reading
Geezer D

And again, just now, in Milpitas, same android service, with my own audio confirmation!
Nearest strikes shown in Blitzortung are still about 40 miles south of here.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contact local station owners psper 3 20,439 2016-05-28, 07:29
Last Post: DelandeC