Newish station, gain level don't seem to work *solved* ic mixup
Hi i'm putting up a red system with loop antennas (shielded)

Stuff seem to work ish but i get a really low signal. amplification don't seem to change from either pot or from controller

looking at noise floor on different amplifications.

32x32

1x1

leds on amp board light up as they should when using pot on amp board(disconnected from comtroller). controller also gets the amp level(if using controller and use pot checked) and shows right values on display.

could it be the mcu on the amp board thats faulty and don't sen the right data to the programmable amps. checked all solders under microscope and it looks perfect.

i have an oscilloscope so i can dive in and look at data and such.

any ideas?  saw some other forum post about a mcu on the amp board that had gone wrong and needed replacement. similar problems.

Station id 2265
Actually.. i removed the ampboard. disconnected the tp cable. i still get the same noise baseline and som faint detection. heh. allright. time to start measuring stuff if it works att all.. gee..
Think i found the problem. mixed up ic6 and ic7. hope they survived.. to the unsoldering station.!
Ah that was the problem!

Now i have great signal! and amp levels do work.

so the "signal" i got earlier was only from the cat cable connecting to the amp.. :p
Welcome and great to see that it is working now! Smile

Please also login on Blitzortung.org and then navigate to the forum to update your forum user to Blitz member.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Ah thats how you connect the accounts. Thanks!
Stations: 2265
(2018-08-10, 12:47)xztraz Wrote: Ah thats how you connect the accounts. Thanks!

xztraz: A mistake in the diameter value of your loop antenna - 65mm is entered. It should be 650mm, I think.
(2018-08-10, 13:43)kriu Wrote: xztraz: A mistake in the diameter value of your loop antenna - 65mm is entered. It should be 650mm, I think.

Ah mm it is. Fixed

no unit specified on input page

also turns. i think there should be a more visible explanation than a tooltip,
(2018-08-12, 15:22)xztraz Wrote: also turns.  i think there should be a more visible explanation than a tooltip,

Yes! I never thought of mousing over the fields, either. And the tooltip doesn't show on my tablet.

Enter the diameter and the number of turns separated only by a comma (no spaces). For example, I'm using 4-turn wire loops that are 707mm in diameter*. Therefore, my H-field antenna entries are 707,4.

*They are diamond-shaped, the distance between opposite corners being 1000mm. If they were round, I would enter 1000,4 instead.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue unit appears deaf station 2831 - SOLVED jonfear 1 4,499 2022-08-08, 11:58
Last Post: hazelnut
  Chrome doesn't work as well as Firefox when talking to station philip 6 13,136 2022-03-01, 02:20
Last Post: hazelnut