Raw Data Contents
What information is available in the Raw Data to which participants have access?
(2019-05-20, 19:36)jon.leman Wrote: What information is available in the Raw Data to which participants have access?

Rolleyes station time lat lon alt pol mds mcg status region status station user city;"" comments;"" country;"" website;"" pos board firmware:"" status input_board;;;;; input_firmware;";"";"";"";"";"" input_gain; . ; . ; . ; . ; . ; .  input_antenna;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; last_signal;"" signals last_stroke; strokes; ; ; ; ;  ; ; ;; et.al.etc, is duck Encoding ---values , coding_result=---, values=---, values_coded=---, values_saved=---, steps=--- is goose was egg

You surely wouldn't expect us to post and explain publicly Big Grin specifics on protected data, would you??? Lightning

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2019-05-20, 20:11)cutty Wrote:
(2019-05-20, 19:36)jon.leman Wrote: What information is available in the Raw Data to which participants have access?

Rolleyes station time lat lon alt pol mds mcg status region status station user city;"" comments;"" country;"" website;"" pos board firmware:"" status input_board;;;;; input_firmware;";"";"";"";"";"" input_gain; . ; . ; . ; . ; . ; .  input_antenna;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; last_signal;"" signals last_stroke; strokes; ; ; ; ;  ; ; ;; et.al.etc, is duck Encoding ---values , coding_result=---, values=---, values_coded=---, values_saved=---, steps=--- is goose was egg

You surely wouldn't expect us to post and explain publicly Big Grin specifics on protected data, would you??? Lightning

Well, my number finally came up for purchasing equipment and joining the project.  In order to decide whether to proceed I wanted to know generally what lightning data can be obtained.  For example, I am interested if the system is able to resolve the following information:  lightning stroke current peak magnitude and approximate stroke duration.  Also does it attempt to resolve multiple stroke events?

Thanks
Why is that we can't get a signature yet?

spam link removed by admin
Custom Essays Writer
(2019-06-26, 10:41)denniskemp Wrote: Why is that we can't get a signature yet?

spam link removed by admin
Custom Essays Writer

Only Participants can enable signaltures,
one reason is inappropriate (for this comkmunity) links as in your post

(2019-05-23, 22:23)jon.leman Wrote:

Well, my number finally came up for purchasing equipment and joining the project.  In order to decide whether to proceed I wanted to know generally what lightning data can be obtained.  For example, I am interested if the system is able to resolve the following information:  lightning stroke current peak magnitude and approximate stroke duration.  Also does it attempt to resolve multiple stroke events?

Thanks

Currently, generally because of erratic, variable data quality and incorrect station configuration information from a large number of these 'hobbyist" "experimental" stations, the answers to your queries are
"NO", "NO", "Yes, within klimitations"  The primary goal remains Detection and Location" accuracy.

The overall network is not yet sophisticated enough to produce reliable data for those, and some other, stroke parameters,  such as altitude and distance travelled, polarity,type etc..;. though a significant number of stations DO provide consistent, reliable data images.,  The computation and memory requirements are very intense.
Excluding the very complex 'altitude' and distance travelled approximation, a small group  of operaetiors, and some 'institutional' groups are working independently with your three query parameters using data from some select stations, while the system developers are free to focus on software, and general project development and improvement currently...

Hope this helps.

(2019-06-26, 12:52)cutty Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 22:23)jon.leman Wrote:

Thanks

Welcome, and enjoy this wonderful journey... Smile

Currently, generally because of erratic, variable data quality and incorrect station configuration information from a large number of these 'hobbyist" "experimental" stations, the answers to your queries are
"NO", "NO", "Yes, within klimitations"  The primary goal remains Detection and Location" accuracy.

The overall network is not yet sophisticated enough to produce reliable data for those, and some other, stroke parameters,  such as altitude and distance travelled, polarity,type etc..;. though a significant number of stations DO provide consistent, reliable data images.,  The computation and memory requirements are very intense.
Excluding the very complex 'altitude' and distance travelled approximation, a small group  of operaetiors, and some 'institutional' groups are working independently with your three query parameters using data from some select stations, while the system developers are free to focus on software, and general project development and improvement currently...

Hope this helps.
Mike