Blitzortnung archive
Hi guys, i am new here, and i would really love it if someone could answer me this question.
Whenever i tried to check the blitzortnung archive (Historical data => Historical Maps) i saw that before 2018 every date i put, a white page is being shown and thats all. No archive... How can i get access of the older dates (before 2018) for some amature reaserch purposes?

Thanks in advance!
(2021-05-16, 23:52)ChristosPapasoulis Wrote: Hi guys, i am new here, and i would really love it if someone could answer me this question.
Whenever i tried to check the blitzortnung archive (Historical data => Historical Maps) i saw that before 2018 every date i put, a white page is being shown and thats all. No archive... How can i get access of the older dates (before 2018) for some amature reaserch purposes?

Thanks in advance!
they don't exist. VAST amounts of memory required. VAST

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2021-05-16, 23:54)cutty Wrote:
(2021-05-16, 23:52)ChristosPapasoulis Wrote: Hi guys, i am new here, and i would really love it if someone could answer me this question.

Thanks in advance!

That seems to not be the answer for me. Because the older maps could be rendered upon request from the archive data or not?
(2023-07-12, 19:43)kaklik Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

That seems to not be the answer for me. Because the older maps could be rendered upon request from the archive data or not?
Sorry... if they don't exist, they don't exist. If this isn't the answer for you, well... don't shoot the messenger.

(2023-07-13, 04:45)cutty Wrote:
(2023-07-12, 19:43)kaklik Wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Sorry... if they don't exist, they don't exist. If this isn't the answer for you, well... don't shoot the messenger.

Sorry, there may be a misunderstanding. My question is about rendering binary maps from historical (probably JSON data records). I understand that storing the binary image needs a vast space. However, I do not understand if there exist data records of individual lightning in JSON or another database. Or do you mean that historical data does not exist at all in any form?
(2023-10-04, 08:46)kaklik Wrote: Sorry, there may be a misunderstanding. My question is about rendering binary maps from historical (probably JSON data records). I understand that storing the binary image needs a vast space. However, I do not understand if there exist data records of individual lightning in JSON or another database. Or do you mean that historical data does not exist at all in any form?

Yes. Some such  files exist. Some historic data was lost due to a server farm fire a couple of years ago.  Excluding a few scientific research institutions, this data is ONLY available to registered station operators, with proper credentials and not available publicly. I'm not sure of the extent of storage since I rarely access it, but at one point it was limited to current as far back as perhaps one year.

(2023-10-04, 14:51)cutty Wrote:
(2023-10-04, 08:46)kaklik Wrote: Sorry, there may be a misunderstanding. My question is about rendering binary maps from historical (probably JSON data records). I understand that storing the binary image needs a vast space. However, I do not understand if there exist data records of individual lightning in JSON or another database. Or do you mean that historical data does not exist at all in any form?

Yes. Some such  files exist. Some historic data was lost due to a server farm fire a couple of years ago.  Excluding a few scientific research institutions, this data is ONLY available to registered station operators, with proper credentials and not available publicly. I'm not sure of the extent of storage since I rarely access it, but at one point it was limited to current as far back as perhaps one year.

Many thanks for that reply! I had asked on multiple treads on that but without a usable answer. I am aware that data are available only to registered station operators (our institution has). However, I am facing issues getting access to historical data because I do not know how the period was affected by the farm fire.  Do you have some exact information about permanently lost data intervals? I am specifically interested in some dates in 2022: June 24, August 26, and September 9 for data from central Europe.  I need these data for scientific analysis. 
We are also able to provide data storage to your network or something similar which could help you to solve these issues.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data archive access kaklik 1 1,507 2023-07-20, 10:38
Last Post: kaklik
  Hard time with archive bob sanchez 0 5,119 2020-07-10, 16:01
Last Post: bob sanchez