Raw data
Is it possible to receive the raw data coming from Blitzortung, maybe from an API? I'm interested in exporting it out and visualising it in an artistic fashion.
Sorry, currently not.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2014-06-23, 15:36)samcox Wrote: Is it possible to receive the raw data coming from Blitzortung, maybe from an API? I'm interested in exporting it out and visualising it in an artistic fashion.

+1
As Tobias has mentioned in other threads, the data is only accessible to people who participate in the network (ie. contribute data).
Stations: 602
(2014-06-29, 07:05)TimGunn Wrote: As Tobias has mentioned in other threads, the data is only accessible to people who participate in the network (ie. contribute data).

Totally understand that and more than happy to participate. I was mainly interested in how this data is made accessible... how easy it is to plug into other programming environments etc. If there's an API or we would have to scrape the data.

It's unfortunate that we have to wait until the hardware comes into stock. Maybe a question for the admins but, could we not "pre-order" the new stock (i.e. hand over the cash now) and get access to the data?

Cheers
(2014-06-30, 13:18)samcox Wrote:
(2014-06-29, 07:05)TimGunn Wrote: As Tobias has mentioned in other threads, the data is only accessible to people who participate in the network (ie. contribute data).

Totally understand that and more than happy to participate. I was mainly interested in how this data is made accessible... how easy it is to plug into other programming environments etc. If there's an API or we would have to scrape the data.

It's unfortunate that we have to wait until the hardware comes into stock. Maybe a question for the admins but, could we not "pre-order" the new stock (i.e. hand over the cash now) and get access to the data?

Cheers
Patience... and the API is not available. You must be a contributing station owner to have access to any data other than what's public. Don't look for that to be changed. The data actually belongs to BO and its contributing station operators... not for the public, or commercial interests.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020