Robotic lawnmower interference?
Well, it is not the lawnmower itself that emits the signal. There is a charging station that the lawnmower uses to charge its batteries when not mowing. This charging station (I'm talking Husqvarna here), is where a electrical wire is connected that goes all around the garden, dug down a few cm in the law. Just like an electric fence, only dug down.
The lawn mower, when active, detects this boundary wire and treats it as a wall. There is also a guide cable that the lawn mower uses to find its way home. The mower tries to follow the guide wire at a random offset as to not create tracks in the lawn.
It is the boundary wire and guide cable that emits the signals, generated by the charging station.
The charging station itself emits a signal that is used on the "final approach" as well, through antennas in the charging station itself.

In theory the charging station could disable the signal when the mower is "at home", but I doubt that is the case.

I guess these things are all CE-approved and stuff. I've read that now when robomowers are getting more popular (they work really great), they are starting to interfere each other. The various manufacturers have said that they are aware of the problem and working on it... But with the existing models I guess we just have to live with it.

Messages In This Thread
Robotic lawnmower interference? - by mekhall - 2014-07-30, 16:40
Robotic lawnmower interference? - by DelandeC - 2014-07-30, 17:16
RE: Robotic lawnmower interference? - by Tobi - 2014-07-30, 17:27
RE: Robotic lawnmower interference? - by mekhall - 2014-07-31, 05:49