Taptalk
Question 
Why every time I go to the Blitzortung.org forum do I now get a Lightning#$%*@Lightning Taptalk page that I have to dismiss before I can get to the forum?
I have zero interest in using Taptalk and DON'T want to be constantly asked to download it, to me this is SPAM of the worst type, how can I avoid it??? Is there a switch I can add to the URL so I get straight to the forum?
I am using an iPad with ios8.
Ben. AngryAngryAngry
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
Stations: 878
Well, Ben... I don't know... I do not have that issue with WIN 7 or 8 with either IE or FF, Chrome...
Now, There are some issues just announced with IOs8 updates... and some malware sneaking in.. Apple is asking folks to roll back recent updates. Now, I have no idea if either of those are causing your issue,... just saying...
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2014-09-26, 16:26)Cutty Wrote: Well, Ben... I don't know... I do not have that issue with WIN 7 or 8 with either IE or FF, Chrome...
Now, There are some issues just announced with IOs8 updates... and some malware sneaking in.. Apple is asking folks to roll back recent updates. Now, I have no idea if either of those are causing your issue,... just saying...
Mike

You won't see this Cr*p on windows, it is a setting made BY THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR so that mobile devices are spammed with this junk, I don't know if it infects Android as well or if it is just aimed at ios, but it realy spoils your browsing having to deal with this sh*t. (As you can guess I am NOT HAPPY about this)
It is easy to turn off at the forum end, the Taptalk web site details how to kill it. But to remove it from my end I would have to pay for a proxy filtering app to block it, I would rather disable my Blitzortung feed than do that!!
Ben.
Nb this has NOTHING to do with Apple, it is the forum pushing SPAM to mobile users!!
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
Are you sure, you don't mix up "Taptalk" (a photo app) with "Tapatalk" (an app to read forums with mobile devices)?
(2014-09-26, 18:41)Bonzo Wrote: Are you sure, you don't mix up "Taptalk" (a photo app) with "Tapatalk" (an app to read forums with mobile devices)?

Taptalk Tapatalk who the fu*k cares, it is anoying the hell out of me, please just get rid of this SPAM. i don't want it.
Maybe this will help (from the Tapatalk website):

Q: Why does a pop-up display when visiting my forum from a mobile browser?
A: Once Tapatalk is installed, a one-time introduction page will be shown to mobile web visitors the first time they visit your forum to notify them of the option to use the forum in Tapatalk. If a user clears their browser cache or cookies they may see the page again.

Not sure why it keeps coming back up.
Stations: 1068
(2014-09-26, 19:38)Tom.Schaffer Wrote: Maybe this will help (from the Tapatalk website):

Q: Why does a pop-up display when visiting my forum from a mobile browser?
A: Once Tapatalk is installed, a one-time introduction page will be shown to mobile web visitors the first time they visit your forum to notify them of the option to use the forum in Tapatalk. If a user clears their browser cache or cookies they may see the page again.

Not sure why it keeps coming back up.

But it is NOT installed (and never will be!) at least not on my device, the forum administrator can easily disable this spamming of mobile users, the same website gives detailed instructions of how they can do this.
I don't see why I should have to accept cookies from spammers so they can track whether I install their junk or not. This behaviour is acceptable with junk sites like yahoo who make their money by selling adverts, but not on what I always regarded as a decent forum.

Addition... I have decided to cool off for 24 hours then decide if I want to continue feeding data to Blitzortung
Till tomorrow, goodnight.
Hi!

Since this forum exists, Tapatalk has been installed here. A lot of other forums in the internet are using it too. Most mobile members members are using it, because it makes the navigation much more easier on mobile devices. However, we didn't realize that there's such a advertisement screen when visiting the forum and so far nobody told us about that. It must have been introduced with an upgrade some while ago. Luckily it was easy to disable in the forum settings.

A short note would to us would have been enough. Hope everything is okay with you Ben.

Best regards
Tobias
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2014-09-26, 20:28)Tobi Wrote: Hi!

Since this forum exists, Tapatalk has been installed here. A lot of other forums in the internet are using it too. Most mobile members members are using it, because it makes the navigation much more easier on mobile devices. However, we didn't realize that there's such a advertisement screen when visiting the forum and so far nobody told us about that. It must have been introduced with an upgrade some while ago. Luckily it was easy to disable in the forum settings.

A short note would to us would have been enough. Hope everything is okay with you Ben.

Best regards
Tobias

Tobi,
My most sincere apologies, it had been a tough week and suddenly having to click through a full page advert each time I accessed the forum just pushed me over the top, I could see that I was getting a bit irrational, that is why I decided to ignore things for 24 hours to cool down.
I have nothing against tapatalk for those who want to use it, but I don't like having it trying to force itself onto me.
Many thanks for sorting it out, I will try not to start posting when I am in a bad mood in the future.
Ben.

NB it may have been partly due to me upgrading to ios8, previously I had Safari set to report itself as the desktop version, I cannot see how to do that in ios8 (no developer mode) so now the forum knows it is mobile Safari and treats it as such.