Blitzortung.org Forum

Full Version: e-field antenna length question..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings all!

I have a quick question in calculating the length of the e-field antenna.. (in order to enter it into the station details section)..

I want to put a few loops at the end of the copper wire antenna.. would the antenna length be whatever the length of the wire rod was BEFORE twisting the loops (longer), or just the length AFTER creating the loops (shorter)..

My gut feeling is that the loops are still considered part of the antenna length, even though they aren't straight.

Thanks everyone Cool

Station 1384
Lincoln NB, Canada
Correct - the entire length counts .... BUT it is not antenna length but the overall antenna capacity to the environment.
We're not talking about a meter but shorter If the wire is about 0,25mm² or more
(2015-08-25, 09:56)RichoAnd Wrote: [ -> ]Correct - the entire length counts .... BUT it is not antenna length but the overall antenna capacity to the environment.
We're not talking about a meter but shorter If the wire is about 0,25mm² or more

Is there a formula one can apply, to calculate the effective length?  I like formulas..   Big Grin
Look here :

http://dl7ahw.bplaced.net/kapazitaet.htm

I use an 1m 0.05mm wire in an carbon-tube 5m above ground.

[attachment=2200]

Thomas
I use 100mm of 2.5mm² copper electrical wire. Smile
(2015-08-25, 15:13)DelandeC Wrote: [ -> ]I use 100mm of 2.5mm² copper electrical wire. Smile

Thanks for that tip Idea