Blitzortung.org Forum

Full Version: Building a Blue - Optional SMA connectors?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just started building my system Blue and I see there are 8 locations for SMA connectors. I was wondering what type (right angle or straight) other users are installing? I  have the (very nice) enclosure. Is it normal to route cables outside if the enclosure to rear mounted SMA connectors or are the SMA connection points just for testing?
(2017-03-29, 01:48)Mike6158 Wrote: [ -> ]I've just started building my system Blue and I see there are 8 locations for SMA connectors. I was wondering what type (right angle or straight) other users are installing? I  have the (very nice) enclosure. Is it normal to route cables outside if the enclosure to rear mounted SMA connectors or are the SMA connection points just for testing?

Those SMA spots are only if you needed to sample the signals coming in to the unit. They are an add on item and not needed for operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok, thanks for the reply. Not installing them will save a little money
Question.... I KNOW the instructions say to try without the filters, et al first... I bought all 4 filter packs... Can I install them and use the firmware to bypass them?
Does it affect performance to have them in and not use them?
I'd like to build it all in for later experiments/observations.
You can easily bypass them, or set them on a high cut-off frequency

/Richo