Blitzortung.org Forum
Collaboration with PRedictWind.com - Printable Version

+- Blitzortung.org Forum (https://forum.blitzortung.org)
+-- Forum: Public Forums (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=29)
+--- Forum: Hardware, Software, Lightning Physics (https://forum.blitzortung.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+--- Thread: Collaboration with PRedictWind.com (/showthread.php?tid=3483)

Collaboration with PRedictWind.com - jbungener - 2021-06-23

Hello,

My name is Jim Bungener, I work for a weather forecasting website called Predictwind.com.
one of the services we do is to install wind sensors in various areas where people want to have better wind sensing.
We work with communities, towns, private individuals etc... to install as many wind sensors as we can.
These are not simple off the shelf "weather stations" these are purpose built, rugged stations that we install in some of the most treacherous conditions (sea spray, rain, sand etc...) and expect to work for years to come.
We would like to add your Lightning sensors to our package so that we measure more then just wind.

Who should I get in touch with to discuss how we should make this happen.

Thank you

JB

RE: Collaboration with PRedictWind.com - cutty - 2021-06-23

(2021-06-23, 14:34)jbungener Wrote: Hello,

My name is Jim Bungener, I work for a weather forecasting website called Predictwind.com.
"...."
We would like to add your Lightning sensors to our package so that we measure more then just wind.

Thank you

JB
It may be that there is some misunderstanding regarding what the Blitzortung  project actually is. This is a 'hobbyist' network, not an authoritive, certified network. Nor is it to be affiliated with any commercial interests.
I would suggest a review of the project description and the disclaimer page.

RE: Collaboration with PRedictWind.com - jbungener - 2021-06-24

I don't see why the Hobbyist side of things would be an issue. We are already going through the hassle of building and installing stations. So for each station we install, the more sensing we do the better off everybody is.
We win b/c we offer a better product to the people who let us install sensors on their land and the community wins b/c there are more sensors out there.

I guess the misconception is that while we are a business that needs to make money to stay alive; we are a very small business with people that want to do cool things and adding sensors to measure lightning definitely sounds cool.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

cutty

"...."

Thank you

JB
It may be that there is some misunderstanding regarding what the Blitzortung  project actually is. This is a 'hobbyist' network, not an authoritive, certified network. Nor is it to be affiliated with any commercial interests.
I would suggest a review of the project description and the disclaimer page.

RE: Collaboration with PRedictWind.com - mwaters - 2021-06-26

You can get on the waiting list at https://www.blitzortung.org/en/cover_your_area.php.

Quote:The sferic positions are free accessible in raw format for all users that transmit their data to our servers. The station owners can use the raw data for all non-commercial purposes.

RE: Collaboration with PRedictWind.com - GJ7DNI - 2021-12-05

one of the services we do is to install wind sensors in various areas where people want to have better wind sensing.
We work with communities, towns, private individuals etc... to install as many wind sensors as we can.
These are not simple off the shelf "weather stations" these are purpose built, rugged stations that we install in some of the most treacherous conditions (sea spray, rain, sand etc...) and expect to work for years to come.

Thank you

JB