E-Mail to forum members ends in failure notice
Hi everybody,

I´ve tried to send an e-mail to a forum member. It constantly ends up with this notice:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.
You are currently logged in with the username: 'afram'

Any hint how to avoid this?

Regards,
Thomas
(2018-11-14, 17:12)afram Wrote: Hi everybody,

I´ve tried to send an e-mail to a forum member. It constantly ends up with this notice:

......... Lightning

Confused This isn't going to be simple... Undecided  And involves privacy laws and guidelines and associated permissions on the forum here...
You apparently are caught in the storm of the server upgrade and failure a few weeks ago... which is still
under resolution... Plus you have a station which cannot function, according to your two other posts.
https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=2771

I cannot find any operator's credentials for forum user 'Afram', and no station reference for 1592
The Forum does not recognize you as a participant.  Only participants (recognized station operators) have the permissions for email and personal messaging ...
And I cannot locate you as a registered operator...   This may not be easy to fix at the moment.  I have sent you an email to the email address you provided when you registered on the forum... We'll have to start there, and I'll try to get in touch with Egon, Tobi since you apparently have a valid, but unlisted station number....
Now...
If you had a station number (1592) assigned to you 6 months ago (per your other posts) there should have beem no problem.  
However
Apparently your station was not 'online' at the time of the recent server failure.
The system lost your information.
Your system cannot boot up and connect (per your other posts) so the new server does not know you exist, since it cannot 'talk' to your controller....

Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
@Thomas
Upgraded your group per our communications...

Good Luck! Wink

Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Great job.
Regards,
Thomas

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  deactivate change mail alert hans.mayer 2 1,345 2023-08-30, 19:08
Last Post: hans.mayer