Greece appears as Africa Region on Website
As you can see the Greek stations appears 2 times on the list in this link.
 http://en.blitzortung.org/station_list.p...try=Greece

Maybe the admins have to check it!
Have a nice day!
Stations: 1300, 1319, 1326, 1425, 1572, 1575, 2341, 2907
(2019-09-06, 11:48)chubros Wrote: As you can see the Greek stations appears 2 times on the list in this link.

Have a nice day!

Selecting "Greece" soirts the list by 'Countries', rather than by 'Region'. ... and the list also tells you which 'region' the station reports...
Many of the Greek stations actually report data  for multiple regions... both Europe and Africa, e.g., so they are listed for each reporting region.

if specific 'Region' sort, you should see the station single listed...

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2019-09-06, 14:31)cutty Wrote:
(2019-09-06, 11:48)chubros Wrote: As you can see the Greek stations appears 2 times on the list in this link.

Have a nice day!

Selecting "Greece" soirts the list by 'Countries', rather than by 'Region'. ... and the list also tells you which 'region' the station reports...
Many of the Greek stations actually report data  for multiple regions... both Europe and Africa, e.g., so they are listed for each reporting region.

Thanks Cutty. I use this list many years so i supposed something is wrong. Wink
(2019-09-06, 14:43)chubros Wrote:
(2019-09-06, 14:31)cutty Wrote:

Have a nice day!

Thanks Cutty. I use this list many years so i supposed something is wrong. Wink

heh.. Smile    Well it did have issues for a time after the Blitzzortung server changes late last year... and stations were listed multiple times, untill all the data processing was polished... .  It took a while to  perfect that 'multiple' region discrimination and was confusing to a lot of operators who didn't realize their data was used in multiple areas... and initially a LOT of 'erroneous' duplicates were showing up,... at one time, my stations (which are single region) showed up with about 11 listings.... heh..

But that should all be running smoothly now.. the Lightningmaps.org databases at times may show glitches, it seems,, so that can cause some confusion between sites once and a while... It might possible to 'coincidentally' access the Stations List page as data is 'updating / re-writing' and see some strange numbers in 'counts', but that has become extremely rare, and I've not noticed it in quite a while...

Cheers
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Thank you Cutty for your support.

The lists and maps on Blitzortung.org should no longer contain bugs. If it is the case, please send me a direct e-mail. The assignment of the regions is done automatically according to the coordinates (or additionally manual). Since a station has different statistical information in several regions, it will be listed multiple times, one entry for each region in which it sends data.

/Egon
Stations: 2656, 3044
(2019-09-08, 21:14)Egon Wrote: Thank you Cutty for your support.

The lists and maps on Blitzortung.org should no longer contain bugs. If it is the case, please send me a direct e-mail. The assignment of the regions is done automatically according to the coordinates (or additionally manual). Since a station has different statistical information in several regions, it will be listed multiple times, one entry for each region in which it sends data.

/Egon

Thanks Egon. I just used to visit this page to view and count Greek stations. Now i cant do that cause some of them  appears 2 times . Not a big problem. Keep up the good work!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  API for querying own region? API 1 9,644 2019-07-12, 13:23
Last Post: cutty
Photo Africa Region? GilbertKE 5 23,654 2019-02-12, 10:29
Last Post: mickael_h
  Website doesn't save region when I return Dale.Reid 2 15,252 2014-12-11, 20:17
Last Post: Dale.Reid