Invitation response
Hi,

I recently received an invitation to participate.

I have tried to respond indicating my purchase requirements by replying to the email b...tung@ gmx . o__ but that immediately failed 

554:554-gmx.net (mxgmx001) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available
554-No SMTP service
554-Reject due to policy restrictions.

Is this the correct email address to use?  I've seen another thread here ( https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=3311indicating that that person replied directly an individual.

Apologies if I've missed something.

An alternative reason for failure is that I have responded from a different email address ( I registered a couple of years back using an email address from which I can no longer send ).

Thanks.
(2020-09-29, 15:15)pr06 Wrote: ...

I have tried to respond indicating my purchase requirements by replying to the email b...tung@ gmx . o__ but that immediately failed 

554:554-gmx.net (mxgmx001) Nemesis ESMTP Service not available
554-No SMTP service
554-Reject due to policy restrictions.

Unfortunatelly I do not remember whether this is the right address. The reply address should be mentioned in your invitation mail. What I can say is that GMX is a well known mail provider in Germany and .org is one of its TLDs. Thus the address does look plausible to me.

I tried to lookup the error messages of GMX. The first two error messages are not documented by GMX. The last one exists in three flavours:
5xy Reject due to policy restrictions (header based)
5xy Reject due to policy restrictions (domain based)
5xy Reject due to policy restrictions (ip based)

The first is about invalid header information. The second and third is about spam suppression: The domain or the IP is known to have sent spam in the past.
If you have a second mail account with a different provider, try to send your reply to Egon from the other mial address.

Just found another report of the same error messages. The conclusion was that GMX classifies the sending mail server as spam sender. The reason may be a bad reverse DNS entry.
https://www.hagen-bauer.de/2015/09/gmx-w...entry.html

Klaus
Stations: 2065, 2398, 2729
OT question, if I may ...

(2020-09-30, 18:34)gerbold Wrote: What I can say is that GMX is a well known mail provider in Germany and .org is one of its TLDs.

Hello Klaus,

About a month ago, a friend and myself in North America were discussing gmx.com ¹ as an alternative to Gmail.² Can we still assume that they are still very good?  Huh

¹ gmx.de is not available in English, and all services may not be available outside of Germany.

² Google is famous for either discontinuing their services (Google Plus is one of many) or making unwanted changes.  Angry
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
I should have thought that through a bit more!

Tried again with another email address and it went through fine. Kit is on its way.

Thanks.