Linking accounts
Hi 
I have just setup my mini blue ,I was wondering how to link my blitztorung account with the forum.some info on the forum is blocked .also how do I link it with lightning.org,when I first setup it let me logged in now it won’t my I’d is 3101
Ian pass
www.cotswoldobservatory.co.uk
Station 3101
Stations: 3101
Unfortunatelly I can't answer your question. May I assume your station id is 3101 but your user id is 2407?
Stations: 2065, 2398, 2729, 3058
yes thats correct
Ian pass
Station 3101
(2024-09-23, 11:55)icpass Wrote: yes thats correct

3101 is your Blitzortung Station ID number, Bath, UK...NOT your user number.
see your performance HERE
and 3101 is registered into all three Europe regions, so  you'll see three listings on 'Station List' page.

Your 3101 station is NOT available on the adjunct website Lightningmaps.org.  Lightningmaps is administered by Tobi, is adjunct to Blitzortung, and is on Tobi's list to be restructured later, hopefully, currently does NOT process all the latest changes and updates of the main Blitzortung computations and databases.

The forum, and Lightningmaps.org, are separate from the 'official' Blitzortung website, and may in fact operate under different credentials.
(Like Me, and many others with older stations, must use separate credentials)
If so, your forum and/or Lightningmaps.org USED ID and PASSWORD may not work on the MAIN Operator's section on BLITZORTUNG, and vice versa, or other weird  'vice versas'. 
In Fact, in the future, perhaps even now, Lightningmaps  MAY require Blitzortung Operator credentials rather than forum credentials,
once the adjunct is fully configured to match main Blitzortung... just a suspicion.

Now that I've thoroughly confused you and everyone, including me...:
Rely on any  statistics etc from the 'official' Blitzortung.org website, for the foreseeable future.

I've updated ICPASS on the forum to 'Participant' status, so you should now have the additional access.
(I might suggest you go back to your Blitzortung operator's page and correctly configure the antennas to match your actual install).

Clear as mud, right???
Wink

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Cutty
Clear as mud except for the last bit about configuring antenna,I’m not sure what you mean.
Ian
Ian pass
Station 3101
(2024-09-25, 15:06)icpass Wrote: Cutty
Clear as mud except for the last bit about configuring antenna,I’m not sure what you mean.
Ian

example

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Is it more beneficial for me to be in manual mode rather than auto
Ian pass
Station 3101
(2024-09-25, 19:14)icpass Wrote: Is it more beneficial for me to be in manual mode rather than auto

Usually! Manual mode with Adapt to Noise on. :-)
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294