When are kits back in stock?
I will be using ferrite aerials, which needs the 12.3c kit and that is associated with the H field amp (am I understanding this right?) where or why does the F field amp come into things??
(2014-12-27, 08:25)orion_jb2001 Wrote: I will be using ferrite aerials, which needs the 12.3c kit and that is associated with the H field amp (am I understanding this right?) where or why does the F field amp come into things??
The E field preamp connects to the E field Amplifier, which connects to the second RJ45 input on the controller. Make sure your H field is on jack next to GPS, (1), the E field
should be on 2, next to USB power.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Ahhh. so do I need to get an H field kit and an E field kit. Again, I will be using the ferrite aerials from blitz??
Man, love to get a kit, are the ferrite antennas good???
(2014-12-30, 06:13)orion_jb2001 Wrote: Ahhh. so do I need to get an H field kit and an E field kit. Again, I will be using the ferrite aerials from blitz??

No, if you are just planning to use ferrites then you just need the H field kit, the E field kit is optional and not suitable for every location as it must be mounted several meters away from any source of electrical interference. (It has its own rod antenna)
Ben.
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
Stations: 878
Kit Ordered Smile
From reading the forum, it is obvious that some people have no idea the PITA it is to build one of these systems, especially with SMD components. I spent almost as much on equipment as I did on the kit.

I live in central Mexico and have built all the component parts and have a station running (#1218).

I'm retired and if anyone wants someone to build the system and check it out when they start shipping again, I will build up a few for people for $5US a board and test them before reshipping. You will have to drop ship to Mexico (takes 5 weeks from Germany) and pay the shipping to where ever you are.

It will take 7-10 days to build a system and run it for a few days to make sure that it is OK.

If interested, you can contact me at jrm30655 (at) hotmail (dot) com and I will start a list first come, first served.
> When are kits back in stock?

maybe now. i received one this days.

// hans
(2015-01-18, 09:06)hans Wrote: maybe now. i received one this days.
No. More information will follow in a few days.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Two days ago I read about the new blue system. So there will be nothing produced for the red system anymore I guess.
I wanted to get an E amplifier to improve my system. Is there a chance to get something?
Stations: 1052
(2015-01-23, 05:26)Ludger Wrote: Two days ago I read about the new blue system. So there will be nothing produced for the red system anymore I guess.
I wanted to get an E amplifier to improve my system. Is there a chance to get something?

So far there are almost no PCBs left and producing new PCBs makes only sense for bigger quantities - let's say 50 and more. Reordering such high quantities before the release of a new hardware version is also not very effective. My suggestion: Wait at least until we have more details on the new system (hopefully March) or better until its release. If there are still several requests about RED PCBs, then we will consider to reorder them.

There are still a lot of people, that ordered their hardware, but never assembled it for different reasons (too complicated, no time...). Maybe it's possible to find them through this or another forum, so they could provide their PCBs.

We will provide some general information about the upcoming system within the next days! Lightning
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
Is there any kits available yet?
Hello,

You'll see in the news when kits are available.

Note that the last RED kits are for sale: https://forum.blitzortung.org/showthread.php?tid=1259
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
Over it. Can't get a kit anywhere.

Great project and good luck to you all.

Chris
Chris, developers are moving on System Blue... hang in there,... Red is out of production.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2015-04-18, 14:51)Cutty Wrote: Chris, developers are moving on System Blue... hang in there,... Red is out of production.

Yeah, ta mate. It's just our wet season and would the best time to have one. (I'm not a patient man)Confused

See what happens next year
post deleted ...
Stations: 92, 1563

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  try to get back LeeJerry 2 13,309 2018-08-28, 18:18
Last Post: Tobi
  Kits for those who live near power lines.... Mybrokenpc 3 23,370 2014-11-01, 22:47
Last Post: W3DRM
  E Field AMP kits - availability? Stephen.Walker 1 12,665 2014-10-13, 20:21
Last Post: Stephen.Walker