Forum Update!
Exclamation 
Hi folks,

we've upgraded the forum software MyBB to the newest version. It would have been taken too much time to adjust the previous theme, so we've updated it to another one. Additionally the forum is running on a new server now.

Some minor adjustments have still to be done. I'm sure you will find all the hidden bugs sooner or later, but please don't forget to tell them to us. Wink

Have fun!
Tobi Lightning
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2015-04-26, 19:55)Tobi Wrote: Hi folks,

we've upgraded the forum software MyBB to the newest version. It would have been taken too much time to adjust the previous theme, so we've updated it to another one. Additionally the forum is running on a new server now.

Some minor adjustments have still to be done. I'm sure you will find all the hidden bugs sooner or later, but please don't forget to tell them to us. Wink

Have fun!
Tobi Lightning

Thanks for the job Cool
Stations: 1475
Must say I like the new layout and Theme!
Regards Simon
https://www.conligwx.org
Stations: 1283
Nice template!
Love it.  Heart
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
quite a surprise ... has some more punshy colors for a change  Big Grin
Stations: 1476
At first, I thought I had logged-in to the wrong forum  Big Grin
I like the new look.

Great job, as usual Tobi.  Smile
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - U.S.A. --- Blitzortung Station: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KRNO2
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37S70, StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech C920 Pro USB webcam w/Hubble fix
[img=0x0]http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com/cvwx-banner.gif[/img]
Stations: 808
PLEASE remove the Tapatalk advert that now appears EVERY time I visit this forum on my iPad, it only takes a tiny change to the server configuration to remove this annoying SPAM.
Thanks 
Ben.
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
Stations: 878
The Tapatalk advert has to be removed via editing the source code, but that has already been done over 24h ago.
Indeed its a great change.. Nice update :)
(2015-04-29, 07:08)Tobi Wrote: The Tapatalk advert has to be removed via editing the source code, but that has already been done over 24h ago.

Thanks,
This morning when I logged in it was still coming up, however it appears to be gone now, perhaps it was being cached somewhere.
Ben.
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
(2015-04-29, 16:28)Benedict.Smith Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 07:08)Tobi Wrote: The Tapatalk advert has to be removed via editing the source code, but that has already been done over 24h ago.

Thanks,
This morning when I logged in it was still coming up, however it appears to be gone now, perhaps it was being cached somewhere.
Ben.

Looks like I spoke too soon!!!
i have just done a full re-start of my IPad and cleared all the browser history etc, the blasted Tapatalk popup is still there, please have another look and try to kill this obnoxious piece of spam once and for all.
(2015-04-29, 18:57)Benedict.Smith Wrote:

Thanks,
Ben.

i have just done a full re-start of my IPad and cleared all the browser history etc, the blasted Tapatalk popup is still there, please have another look and try to kill this obnoxious piece of spam once and for all.

common, keep cool, it's a free service and Tobi/Egon will handle it once they have some spare time. Remember it's a hobby for them and they already have quite some things to do with server issues.  If that add is TOOOOO much, just stop using tapatalk till it is solved and use you safari browser on your iPad, ain't such a bad way to surf on that device  Wink  
Stations: 1476
(2015-04-29, 19:38)Eric.Wouters Wrote:
(2015-04-29, 18:57)Benedict.Smith Wrote:

Thanks,
Ben.

common, keep cool, it's a free service and Tobi/Egon will handle it once they have some spare time. Remember it's a hobby for them and they already have quite some things to do with server issues.  If that add is TOOOOO much, just stop using tapatalk till it is solved and use you safari browser on your iPad, ain't such a bad way to surf on that device  Wink  
The thing is I DONT use Tapatalk, but every time I go to the forum on Safari I have to click through a fucking Tapatalk full page advert before I can get to the forum. I would NEVER use Tapatalk as I consider them to be the lowest form of scum due to their intrusive advertising, all I want is to be able to reed the forum without SPAM.....
Ben.
I just logged into my account using Safari and had no problems at all nor did I see any advertisements for Tapatalk. I am running in the USA and on a Windows based system so that may be the difference. Not sure why you are seeing Tapatalk advert but I am sure Tobi will be, or already is, working on the issue.

Have you tried logging in on another computer?

Best of luck and please, keep your cool. I understand you frustration but please don't take it out on the developers or admins...
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - U.S.A. --- Blitzortung Station: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KRNO2
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37S70, StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech C920 Pro USB webcam w/Hubble fix
[img=0x0]http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com/cvwx-banner.gif[/img]
Stations: 808
(2015-04-29, 20:35)W3DRM Wrote: I just logged into my account using Safari and had no problems at all nor did I see any advertisements for Tapatalk. I am running in the USA and on a Windows based system so that may be the difference. Not sure why you are seeing Tapatalk advert but I am sure Tobi will be, or already is, working on the issue.

Have you tried logging in on another computer?

Best of luck and please, keep your cool. I understand you frustration but please don't take it out on the developers or admins...
You won't see this on a Windows pc, it is specific to mobile devices and possibly only Ios, I don't know if it affects Android users.
This happened once before and Tobi managed to disable it at the server end, unfortunately with the recent changes it has re-appeared.
Ben.
Please calm down Ben.

After investigating the cause of the banner once again in the plugin code, I found it and removed it (I hope). There's no other way to deactivate it. However, I can not guarantee to put any more time and energy in this if it reappears in the future. Just tell me if you have better and/or more easy solution.

There are a several users which use Tapatalk, I've already seen more online of them as other users. No other user seems to have a problem with the banner so far, as it will only be shown once and will never appear for some longer time after closing it.
New forums look great! Nice work.
Stations: 1591
hi tobi,

nice look and feel. great.
thanks for doing this upgrade.

is there anywhere a "mark all read" button, which i have maybe overseen ?

// hans
Stations: 1269
(2015-04-30, 19:24)hans.mayer Wrote: hi tobi,

nice look and feel. great.
thanks for doing this upgrade.

is there anywhere a "mark all read" button, which i have maybe overseen ?

// hans
Forum main page, right at the bottom, mark all forums read.
Forum Look and sounds are really superb.