membership and ownership
Hi All,

I've had my marker in for a kit for probably over a year, but with the demand last year and the upgrade to the system more recently, obviously haven't been offered the option to start.

It also looks like I won't be considered, due to the saturation of monitoring stations around me (SE England), unless they want a scattering of 'blues' and can get involved that way (but I suspect priority will be given to proven participants (understandably), so will again fail to meet the requirements).

Can people be members without having hardware?  If not, then we can't be part of this project though bad luck of locality.  I'm sure there are a lot of 'dabblers' who would love to get involved but would fail to meet the recent and coming location requirements.

Any suggestions?

regards
Chris
(wanabe participant Sad )
(2015-06-02, 16:39)cg617 Wrote: Chris, 
once the system blue kits are in full flow there should be no restrictions on locality, the few remaining red systems were held back for areas with little or no coverage, however prior to that they were available to anyone, I would have thought that the same will be true of the blue systems once supply catches up to the demand.
Ben.

Hi All,

I've had my marker in for a kit for probably over a year, but with the demand last year and the upgrade to the system more recently, obviously haven't been offered the option to start.

It also looks like I won't be considered, due to the saturation of monitoring stations around me (SE England), unless they want a scattering of 'blues' and can get involved that way (but I suspect priority will be given to proven participants (understandably), so will again fail to meet the requirements).

Can people be members without having hardware?  If not, then we can't be part of this project though bad luck of locality.  I'm sure there are a lot of 'dabblers' who would love to get involved but would fail to meet the recent and coming location requirements.

Any suggestions?

regards
Chris
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
Stations: 878
(2015-06-02, 17:56)Benedict.Smith Wrote:
(2015-06-02, 16:39)cg617 Wrote: Chris, 
once the system blue kits are in full flow there should be no restrictions on locality, the few remaining red systems were held back for areas with little or no coverage, however prior to that they were available to anyone, I would have thought that the same will be true of the blue systems once supply catches up to the demand.
Ben.

Hi All,

Any suggestions?

regards
Chris

I'm sure Ben speaks truly here Smile ....  Be sure to order through the 'Cover your Area', or other specific instructions, when availability is announced, don't depend on previous communications... there've been a lot of inquiries... some are bound to be misplaced or overlooked!

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Thanks Ben and Cutty,

I do check the 'Cover Your Area' page regularly.

cheers