Newbie questions regarding Blue and ferrit antennas
Hello,

I am interested in this project and plan to participate in the near future. I have only 2 Problems: I don't have much money and I have no place for big antennas. I even don't have a solder device or tools.

Therfore my 3 questions:
- How much will project blue costs?
- Will Blue support those ferrit rods from http://www.sfericsempfang.de ?
- Do I need to solder or need tools for project Blue?

Best regards
Sebi
If you don't want to spend much money, I'd recommend building loop antennas with transformers. Cost less (Material costs <10€) and have better RF properties than ferrite antennas.
I guess you have to wait until the announcement of blue for more informations about price and conditions.
Stations: 233
(2015-07-14, 11:47)Steph Wrote: If you don't want to spend much money, I'd recommend building loop antennas with transformers. Cost less (Material costs <10€) and have better RF properties than ferrite antennas.
I guess you have to wait until the announcement of blue for more informations about price and conditions.

It's Good Idea but i need any other project plans with low cost invesments.
(2015-07-14, 11:37)sebihepp Wrote: Hello,

I am interested in this project and plan to participate in the near future. I have only 2 Problems: I don't have much money and I have no place for big antennas. I even don't have a solder device or tools.

Therfore my 3 questions:
- How much will project blue costs?
- Will Blue support those ferrit rods from http://www.sfericsempfang.de ?
- Do I need to solder or need tools for project Blue?

Best regards
Sebi

I have just completed one of the last system red kits. Which is online since about 24h now. Get ready for some hardcore SMD soldering. Not impossible, but take it slow, make sure you have the right tools AND get some practice soldering before you start on the kit. I was unaware of the SMD parts and first had to order the right kit (flux and decent temperatire controlled soldering iron).

Good luck!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blue System: PreAmp & Antenna Questions BassJohn 5 25,814 2018-02-28, 08:41
Last Post: BassJohn
  Questions. Mountains and Antennas Mike6158 4 25,421 2017-05-15, 21:36
Last Post: tbaggett
  Newbie Questions chubros 3 19,473 2015-02-24, 20:31
Last Post: chubros