Change Location: already possible?/idea
Lightbulb 
Hi there,
I´ve got a question on lightningmaps.org: Is it possible to change the location?
As far as I know, the location is determined automatically via IP address, consequently it can´t be changed manually. The problem is that sometimes this method is not very precise, e. g. in my case: According to my IP, I live more than 60 kilometres away from my home (I suppose that the IP address I use actually matches the place where my provider drives its server). This problem might concern many users since the IP location differs form your real position, too, if you use Tor, VPN or even if you live in the countryside.
In my opinion, it would be great if it was possible to enter a position so that your location (or any location) would be marked (like an IP location currently is marked).
What do you think?
Kind regards,
Mic
(2018-05-15, 14:13)Mic Wrote: Hi there,
I´ve got a question on lightningmaps.org: Is it possible to change the location?
As far as I know, the location is determined automatically via IP address, consequently it can´t be changed manually. The problem is that sometimes this method is not very precise, e. g. in my case: According to my IP, I live more than 60 kilometres away from my home (I suppose that the IP address I use actually matches the place where my provider drives its server). This problem might concern many users since the IP location differs form your real position, too,  if you use Tor,  VPN or even if you live in the countryside.
In my opinion, it would be great if it was possible to enter a position so that your location (or any location) would be marked (like an IP location currently is marked).
What do you think?
Kind regards,
Mic

I am not sure but Is your station location not displayed by the data that you have  been entered on the page in which you yourself give infoe about: What system do you have, antenna's etc. ...
Stations: 2083
Your station's location is determined by the GPS antenna connected to your controller, never your IP.
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
I Think MIC is referring to non-operator browser access, not as operator of station. Rolleyes

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2018-05-15, 16:53)Cutty Wrote: I Think MIC is referring to non-operator browser access, not as operator of station. Rolleyes

Yes, I´m referring to lightningmaps... Undecided 
Sorry for not mentioning that Rolleyes