RJ45 Network
Hi All
A bit of a continuation of my Lost Controller thread. 
As someone suggested the Vonets wifi connection I thought I would try it. It's a much neater unit than the old access point I got working.  I managed the get the router to see the controller's IP but I can't get a connection through the browser. Also the network led pulses. Looking closely the Vonet rj45 plug seems only to have pins 2 and 3 connected.  So what are the pins used by the controller RJ45 network socket ?
Regards
Alan
Stations: 2004
(2018-03-30, 16:47)Alanpenwith Wrote: Hi All
A bit of a continuation of my Lost Controller thread. 
As someone suggested the Vonets wifi connection I thought I would try it. It's a much neater unit than the old access point I got working.  I managed the get the router to see the controller's IP but I can't get a connection through the browser. Also the network led pulses. Looking closely the Vonet rj45 plug seems only to have pins 2 and 3 connected.  So what are the pins used by the controller RJ45 network socket ?
Regards
Alan

At a MINIMUM, an ethernet  RJ45 needs pins 1,2,3 and 6.
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
Here you go, Alan. https://goo.gl/images/qv0V5A  Smile
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
What model Vonets device do you have. My VAP11G certainly has the required 4 wires connected.
pin 1 brown
pin 2 orange
pin 3 green
pin 6 white

Look at the end, the wires are often easier to see end-on.

Jim
Stations: 2048
(2018-03-31, 23:23)tassyjim Wrote: What model Vonets device do you have. My VAP11G certainly has the required 4 wires connected.
pin 1 brown
pin 2 orange
pin 3 green
pin 6 white

Look at the end, the wires are often easier to see end-on.

Jim

Thanks It is VAP11G 300 but only 2 and 3 are obviously coloured the rest are black although looking at the ends there seem to be wires to 1 and 6 - the others don't appear to have wire cores they look like just solid plastic. I don't find the instructions very clear so experiments look like the answer.
Regards
Alan
Stations: 2004
Test the Vonets with your PC.

Turn off the PC WiFi
set your PC's Ethernet to "Obtain IP automatically"
Connect the Vonets to the PC's Ethernet port.
Check that you have internet access.

Jim
Stations: 2048