Map Annotation S:
Hello. Blitzortung is a fabulous undertaking. Great work!

On lightningmaps.org, for example, can the map legend information please be updated to describe the meaning of the mapped strike annotations, specifically the "S:" (e.g. S: 13/58)?  I'm sure its documented somewhere, but I cannot find an explanation in the FAQ nor the forums.

Thanks.
If you are refeerring to this:
[Image: lmocount.jpg]

and generally reflects the 'strokes per minute" totals... and the average 'delay' from "real time"...
atr the time the 'snapshot' was taken... your "s" would be a Lightning symbol

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2019-05-19, 15:05)cutty Wrote: If you are refeerring to this:
[Image: lmocount.jpg]

.jpg   Capture1.JPG (Size: 13.26 KB / Downloads: 55)
and generally reflects the 'strokes per minute" totals... and the average 'delay' from "real time"...
atr the time the 'snapshot' was taken... your "s" would be a Lightning symbol

I think he talks about this "S: 13/57"
Stations: 2891
(2019-05-19, 13:05)RanHug00 Wrote: Hello. Blitzortung is a fabulous undertaking. Great work!

On lightningmaps.org, for example, can the map legend information please be updated to describe the meaning of the mapped strike annotations, specifically the "S:" (e.g. S: 13/58)?  I'm sure its documented somewhere, but I cannot find an explanation in the FAQ nor the forums.

Thanks.

Hello! I guess it shows 13 - the number of signals from stations used in the calculation of the position of the strike and 58 is the number of stations involved in the calculation for correction or smth like around that.
Stations: 2891
(2019-05-19, 17:04)Vladimir Wrote:
(2019-05-19, 13:05)RanHug00 Wrote: Hello. Blitzortung is a fabulous undertaking. Great work!

Thanks.

Hello! I guess it shows 13 - the number of signals from stations used in the calculation of the position of the strike and 58 is the number of stations involved in the calculation for correction or smth like around that.

Yes.   Number of stations used in calculation ('Locatorsl') / number of stations detecting the impulse. ('Detectors')

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020