Two Issues so far...Fault light & Request Acct.
Hello,

Finished installing all the components onto the System Blue board.....  I purchased the alum. box with my kit and when I use the on/off switch which is connected to the jumper of pin 5 and 6 I get the fault light on.....to get rid of this I push the reset button on the System Blue board and the Power and Mode lights just come on.....I can connect my gps and after just a minute the blue gps light flashes on and off continually.  I then connected my network cable and the green network lite comes on steady and the lights at the network connection work as they should...green on steady and yellow flashes randomly.  

I can't find the "request and account".  I enter the IP address of my board in my browser, login and can see everything...Status, Settings, Tools, Signals, etc.... Under Settings/Network  I find Web Interface where I checked "Need authentication:" and put the same username and password that I used to get into my IP (not sure if this is what there looking for) address and clicked on Apply...but I'm not getting an email with the information I need.....sooo I think I'm in the wrong area here...

So where is the "request and account

Thanks for all your help...
Mike
(Manual entry by admin:  Station 2334)
Stations: 2334, 2382
(2018-12-01, 19:27)Mike Wrote: Hello,

Finished installing all the components onto the System Blue board.....  I purchased the alum. box with my kit and when I use the on/off switch which is connected to the jumper of pin 5 and 6 I get the fault light on.....to get rid of this I push the reset button on the System Blue board and the Power and Mode lights just come on.....I can connect my gps and after just a minute the blue gps light flashes on and off continually.  I then connected my network cable and the green network lite comes on steady and the lights at the network connection work as they should...green on steady and yellow flashes randomly.  

I can't find the "request and account".  I enter the IP address of my board in my browser, login and can see everything...Status, Settings, Tools, Signals, etc.... Under Settings/Network  I find Web Interface where I checked "Need authentication:" and put the same username and password that I used to get into my IP (not sure if this is what there looking for) address and clicked on Apply...but I'm not getting an email with the information I need.....sooo I think I'm in the wrong area here...

Thanks for all your help...
Mike

Hi Mike - there is no request an account link - you need to send an email to Ergon requesting it ...
[Image: wxgraphic.php?type=banner_big]

Stations: 2039
Do we know Ergon's email address??

Thanks,
Mike
(2018-12-01, 21:41)Mike Wrote: Do we know Ergon's email address??

Thanks,
Mike

He sent you the email with the offer to buy the system .... the one you responded to and gave the details of what you wanted to buy ...

After digging I think I found it....

(Email address removed)

Thanks,
Mike
This is a public forum, we shouldn’t be posting his email address here which is why I didn’t

Mike, you must log in to Blitzortung Org -  http://en.blitzortung.org/login.php
You must use the User Id and password assigned when you first registered.
Add your station there.
This is also the place to specify what antennas you have. Fill in ALL the information.
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
[quote pid='19750' dateline='1543692474']

[/quote]

For me the request an account link only appeared on Blue's local status page, http://<local_ip_addr>/index.cgi?action=status, after I upgraded the firmware.  With the shipped firmware there was no link.  Check your firmware version - it should be 9.1.  Hope this helps.
Stations: 2319
(2018-12-01, 23:11)dupreezd Wrote: Mike, you must log in to Blitzortung Org -  http://en.blitzortung.org/login.php
You must use the User Id and password assigned when you first registered.
Add your station there.
This is also the place to specify what antennas you have. Fill in ALL the information.

Thanks for your help.... but, for the life of me I don't know the login and password for the url you listed.....loginphp

My login for the forum must be different because it doesn't work either.... I did send an email to Egon asking for activation....

My unit seems to be working....good gps, good network... I can bring up Blitzortung.org Controller and see my station...   

Thanks Much
Mike
Hello,

I already recognized the problem. The link to the login page appears when you visit the firmware start page, if the station is not assigned to a user ID. The link is at the top of the page. Unfortunately, the link is overwritten by the Javascript editing of the page, for updating some values on the page. This should be changed. You are right. It is not necessary to start the board or to reset the bord or to change the initial firmware.

Regards,
Egon
Stations: 2656
(2018-12-06, 08:27)Egon Wrote: I already recognized the problem. The link to the login page appears when you visit the firmware start page, if the station is not assigned to a user ID. The link is at the top of the page. Unfortunately, the link is overwritten by the Javascript editing of the page, for updating some values on the page. This should be changed. You are right. It is not necessary to start the board or to reset the bord or to change the initial firmware.
This issue has already been fixed in firmware version 9.1 from August.
Stations: 538, 1534, 1712, 2034, 2219
(2018-12-01, 19:27)Mike Wrote: Finished installing all the components onto the System Blue board.....  I purchased the alum. box with my kit and when I use the on/off switch which is connected to the jumper of pin 5 and 6 I get the fault light on.....to get rid of this I push the reset button on the System Blue board and the Power and Mode lights just come on.....

I am a new user and find myself exactly at in the same situation with the fault light coming on when the system is powered with a switch. Reset button works as it does for you, but it is located inside the aluminum housing and is inconvenient to access.

Mike, have you managed to solve this issue?
Station: 2616.
Stations: 2616
[attachment=4015 Wrote:         Slaviks pid='21343' dateline='1566054226']
(2018-12-01, 19:27)Mike Wrote: Finished installing all the components onto the System Blue board.....  I purchased the alum. box with my kit and when I use the on/off switch which is connected to the jumper of pin 5 and 6 I get the fault light on.....to get rid of this I push the reset button on the System Blue board and the Power and Mode lights just come on.....

I am a new user and find myself exactly at in the same situation with the fault light coming on when the system is powered with a switch. Reset button works as it does for you, but it is located inside the aluminum housing and is inconvenient to access.

Hi Slaviks,
Yes, I've solved this problem....at first I soldered a remote switch across the reset button, then after talking to a friend and showing him the schematic, he figured out what to do...  He soldered a 1000 microfarad electrolytic capacitor across Capacitor C812 (across from LED4B).  The capacitor is a 1000mf, 6.3 volt, and the negative leg of the 1000mf is connected to the C812 side that is closest to LED4B.  See picture.... He (my friend) said that it just needed to drain the voltage down before rebooting or something like that...
Hope this helps, and be very careful when soldering this new capacitor over and onto the surface mounted capacitor...
(2019-08-18, 16:16)Mike Wrote:
(2019-08-17, 15:03)Slaviks Wrote:

Hi Slaviks,
Yes, I've solved this problem....at first I soldered a remote switch across the reset button, then after talking to a friend and showing him the schematic, he figured out what to do...  He soldered a 1000 microfarad electrolytic capacitor across Capacitor C812 (across from LED4B).  The capacitor is a 1000mf, 6.3 volt, and the negative leg of the 1000mf is connected to the C812 side that is closest to LED4B.  See picture.... He (my friend) said that it just needed to drain the voltage down before rebooting or something like that...
Hope this helps, and be very careful when soldering this new capacitor over and onto the surface mounted capacitor...

Hi Mike,

Oh, that's a neat hack! I presume that with this setup C812 can be safely desoldered since the big electrolytic guy now dominates the capacitance. 

For my station, for now, I have hooked up the reset button to the power flip-switch on the external enclosure, similarly to what you did initially. Once I've started operating the receiver (station 2616), I've learned that the "fault condition" mere indicates a burst of signals interpreted as interference, so starting up with a fault light on does not prevent the tracker from recovering and going into normal observation mode. 

Slaviks
Station: 2616.
Stations: 2616

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New station issues dgoadby 1 9,860 2018-10-27, 16:41
Last Post: dupreezd
  Fault reporting orion_jb2001 0 7,471 2015-02-20, 18:48
Last Post: orion_jb2001