System Blue order status (10.3.2020)
In April the new board PCB 20.7. will be available. The production of the boards takes a little bit longer at the moment. The assembling process is currently somewhat restricted by the COVID-19 coronavirus.

This year too, the detectors will be almost exclusively sent to interested parties who are in areas not yet covered. Since this is not satisfactory for many interested parties in well-covered areas, I am releasing the layout files of the previous system Red for the own production of smaller series of boards. This is interesting espacially for people from Germany, as the necessary parts can sometimes not be easily obtained in other countries. Details of this project are discussed in another thread.

/Egon

2020-04-01: The delivery will be delayed.
Stations: 2656
Hi, I just registered for the fiorum as i have used the lightning maps for ages and wondered if I could participate in contributing to the data. I live near Huntingdon, UK and I am able to construct electronic hardware and udertake self designed projects myself. How do I get on the list to order the project kit? I seem to go round in circles with the website, forum, .pdf files, website, forum .pdf files.....!

Many thanks for any help,

Waddii
(2020-08-13, 13:42)waddii Wrote: Hi, I just registered for the fiorum as i have used the lightning maps for ages and wondered if I could participate in contributing to the data. I live near Huntingdon, UK and I am able to construct electronic hardware and udertake self designed projects myself. How do I get on the list to order the project kit? I seem to go round in circles with the website, forum, .pdf files, website, forum .pdf files.....!

Many thanks for any help,

Waddii

Hi Waddii,

If you take a look at the Cover Your Area page, there's a small form part way down the page where you can enter your email address and country to join the queue.

I believe it can take a few years before you reach the top of the list, unless you are in an area of interest which currently has poor/no coverage.

Cheers,
Dan
Dan,

Your a star! Thanks.

Cheers,

Waddii
Hi Egon,
I am number 412 in line for a system blue (have been in line for I don't know how many years Smile). I live near Trondheim, Norway which has at least one station, so I guess it is not a prioritized area. I would be interested in making a system red myself. Where is the thread with layout files for the system red?

Best regards,
Bfg86
Hi Egon,
I see you differentiate between different states in Australia yet you only have one category for New Zealand.
Is there some way I can register my location as New Zealand, Chatham Islands.
Thanks
Chris.
Hello Egon.

I would like to install it on Venezuela, in South America there are few stations, what can i do to help?

Im #1 in the queue!

Waiting for your reply.
Station: 2934
Hi, 
I've used the lightningmaps.org for 5 years in Florida. I recently moved back to Brazil I realized how poorly our country is covered. Brazil (5th largest country in the world) has only 3 stations, located in the southeastern part of the country. I work in agrisciences and brought up this project to my colleagues, as a direct safety improvement for our staff working outdoors, as well to the local community, given the high incidence of lightnings in our region (Palmas - Tocantins state -10.184598, -48.333679). However, only when I signed up for the hardware availability, I realized how long the queue is.... Undecided . We have at least 3 field stations within the 50-250km radius that we could install these systems. I'd really appreciate if this would put us in a better position to get this sensor sooner. 

Cheers

Rodrigo
(2020-03-10, 20:21)Egon Wrote: In April the new board PCB 20.7. will be available. The production of the boards takes a little bit longer at the moment. The assembling process is currently somewhat restricted by the COVID-19 coronavirus.

This year too, the detectors will be almost exclusively sent to interested parties who are in areas not yet covered. Since this is not satisfactory for many interested parties in well-covered areas, I am releasing the layout files of the previous system Red for the own production of smaller series of boards. This is interesting espacially for people from Germany, as the necessary parts can sometimes not be easily obtained in other countries. Details of this project are discussed in another thread.

/Egon

Hello, may I ask what's the difference from my version 19.2 system blue? Thanks
I just registered for the fiorum as i have used the lightning maps for ages and wondered if I could participate in contributing to the data.
Hello Roy,

To get on the waiting list, visit https://www.blitzortung.org/en/cover_your_area.php and enter your email address and country.

Where are you located?
Regards,
Mike W.
Stations: 1977, 2294
(2020-03-10, 20:21)Egon Wrote: I am releasing the layout files of the previous system Red for the own production of smaller series of boards. This is interesting espacially for people from Germany, as the necessary parts can sometimes not be easily obtained in other countries. Details of this project are discussed in another thread.

Hi Egon, is this thread open to public? I couldn't find it.

I discovered Blitzortung from a video on the Youtube channel of my fellow countryman Murat Sen. I have been reading about the project for a week now. Murat Sen shared on his instagram account that the build cost him $500 USD in total and he had to ask help from one of his followers who lives in abroad to make the payment as Paypal is not available in Turkey. I don't know why did they use paypal as the page says you can also pay with wire transwer but whatever.

I am located in İstanbul/Turkey, there are a total of 5 active stations in Turkey and only 1 in İstanbul. I would like to install a system to help the project, doesn't matter green, red or blue. I have a stable internet connection and I can build a cheap wire loop antenna. Price is the main concern for me as 1 Euro equals to 8.6 Turkish Liras, so I thought it would cost me less if I try to produce it myself. I found the list of the parts that are required for system Red but without the layout files I can't begin to build the kit.

Edit: I joined the queue and my request is ranked at position 6394 of 6394. It seems impossible for me to get a system blue.

Regards,
Alp
Dear Alp,

I'll send you the files by email. It would be nice if you could produce these boards for more interested people in Turkey and not just for yourself. We also give the layout files for Sytsem Red to people in other countries, who can then produce the circuit boards for participants from these countries. You can take over the entire and exclusive distribution for System Red in your country if you wish.

/Egon
(2020-03-10, 20:21)Egon Wrote: In April the new board PCB 20.7. will be available. The production of the boards takes a little bit longer at the moment. The assembling process is currently somewhat restricted by the COVID-19 coronavirus.

/Egon

Hi!
Thanks for your useful information on the PCB board manufacturing process 20.7.
(2021-04-22, 02:06)noahcentineo Wrote:

/Egon

Hi!
Thanks for your useful information on the PCB board manufacturing process 20.7.

Can someone please post link to above mentioned thread?  Just received my red PCBs on Friday.  Would like to post info.
Station 2556
Stations: 2297, 2556

/Egon

Good day. How can I get the file for assembling the red system?
Where i can get Gerber and BOM files?

Me and my friend live into Tula, Russia, number station on this area is zero, and we have build two Blue station, but can't find gerber files.
I'll try go to cover_your_area.php but my number is 7430 If i build project myself(include PCB) it will be much faster Wink
(2020-03-10, 20:21)Egon Wrote: In April the new board PCB 20.7. will be available....

/Egon

I registered for a blue kit yesterday.  It looks like there are thousands of kits backlog.  Is this still the case?

When might we see a kit to purchase?
Dear all,

here are the layout files for system red:

https://www.blitzortung.org/Compendium/L...SystemRed/

There are currently extreme bottlenecks in procuring the components for the blue system. We will therefore not be able to offer circuit boards for System Blue again until the third quarter of this year at the earliest.

/Egon
When will sending station kits resume?
Stations: 1684, 2917

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb System RED available - Nov 2020 - SOLD africaone 2 10,276 2020-11-27, 21:15
Last Post: africaone
  Station 1406 offline 2,9-24,9,2020 puuhailia71 0 4,973 2020-09-01, 18:00
Last Post: puuhailia71
Information System Blue Order Status 12. August 2016 Egon 435 2,491,912 2019-12-31, 17:39
Last Post: mwaters
  Received System Blue offer. The order was ignored. s1ini 5 27,324 2019-10-07, 17:42
Last Post: s1ini
  [moved] German: Order Question starlord 1 18,017 2017-12-14, 07:34
Last Post: starlord