Participation accepted, then no more responses
Hello

On August 14th, I received an email from Egon Wanke offering me to participate in the network, after I believe 2 years of waiting.
I replied the following week accepting with joy and specifying the material I wanted to buy and the payment method I chose. I also bought some supplies to install my future system blue.

I didn't get an answer to my first email. Since then, being a bit worried, I sent two other messages to Egon, to this day after a month and a half, still no answer!

What the hell is going on? I find this quite disappointing!
Kna, this username shows you registered today and spent 22 minutes online.

On August 14th, I received an email from Egon Wanke offering me to participate in the network, after I believe 2 years of waiting.
Did you register under another username and email address two years ago?
To which username did Egon sent the invitation?
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
(2020-09-26, 22:26)dupreezd Wrote: Kna, this username shows you registered today and spent 22 minutes online.

Hello, thx for your reply.

I simply replied to Egon's message he sent to the email adress I used to register as a "prospective participant" some time ago.
I checked that to be sure I haven't registered then with another email, now rerouted to the one where I received the message.
So Egon and I always used my same and current email adressn that I also used to register to this forum yesterday.
In addition, Egon's original message was quoted in my answers to avoid possible doubts.
(2020-09-27, 09:10)Kna Wrote:
(2020-09-26, 22:26)dupreezd Wrote: Kna, this username shows you registered today and spent 22 minutes online.

Hello, thx for your reply.

I simply replied to Egon's message he sent to the email adress I used to register as a "prospective participant" some time ago.
I checked that to be sure I haven't registered then with another email, now rerouted to the one where I received the message.
So Egon and I always used my same and current email adressn that I also used to register to this forum yesterday.
In addition, Egon's original message was quoted in my answers to avoid possible doubts.
Check back through your emails: junk, etc....
If you responded to the invitation with an actual order for system, you should have received an invoice by email with PayPal or similar instructions. Once Egon received that, he would have shipped your system as ordered.
If you find no such communication, you should email him directly describing the situation.
Note that this is also an extremely busy time of year for him in 'real life', and it's possible you did get lost in the shuffle.
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2020-09-27, 09:28)cutty Wrote: Check back through your emails: junk, etc....
If you responded to the invitation with an actual order for system, you should have received an invoice by email with PayPal or similar instructions. Once Egon received that, he would have shipped your system as ordered.
If you find no such communication, you should email him directly describing the situation.
Note that this is also an extremely busy time of year for him in 'real life', and it's possible you did get lost in the shuffle.
Mike

Hello Cutty, thx for your reply
I responded to the invitation with an order, but never received an invoice nor replies to my following two messages.
I always replied to the same Egon's address from the invitation, egon dot wanke +at+ gmx dot de, and of course I checked my spams and so on. So how should I contact him directly?
I also thought that the end of August and the beginning of September could be periods of vacations or back to work, but 1 month and a half and 3 losts messages, it's starting to be a lot  :/
For those who will read this thread later, I finally got an answer by email from Egon Wanke, my system blue is on its way and should arrive soon.
(2020-10-01, 05:08)Kna Wrote: For those who will read this thread later, I finally got an answer by email from Egon Wanke, my system blue is on its way and should arrive soon.
Lightning Excellent Smile !!!!
Wecome aboard!  Be sure to re-read those instructional PDFs from the "Cover Your Area" page... many things NOT covered by the sys BLUE document are explained in the sys RED doc... Red is Blue's father, and operationally they are very similar.  Initializing Blue Basic system is only slightly different,...a few more steps if installing optional filters, etc.
Make sure you configure your system antennas correctly on the registration page, and make sure "anonymous" is set to "N" or your station will not show on stats after it fires up and sends a few signals!
Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Welcome aboard, your fun is about to start.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or not sure about something.

Dries
[Image: NOAARADlogoTXT80.png]

Stations: 2100, 2954
(2020-10-01, 08:13)cutty Wrote: Lightning Excellent Smile !!!!
Wecome aboard!  Be sure to re-read those instructional PDFs from the "Cover Your Area" page... many things NOT covered by the sys BLUE document are explained in the sys RED doc... Red is Blue's father, and operationally they are very similar.  Initializing Blue Basic system is only slightly different,...a few more steps if installing optional filters, etc.
Make sure you configure your system antennas correctly on the registration page, and make sure "anonymous" is set to "N" or your station will not show on stats after it fires up and sends a few signals!
Mike

Thank you Cutty for the advice and welcome.

My system blue arrived yesterday, I hope to be able to do the assembly and installation soon.
(2020-10-01, 12:30)dupreezd Wrote: Welcome aboard, your fun is about to start.
Please do not hesitate to ask if you have questions or not sure about something.

Dries

Thank you, I hope I don't have to ask too many questions, I still have a lot of things to read or reread Smile