construction manual for magnetic antenna
I want to ask the community if there is a manual for build own high sensitive magnetic antennas.

I am from Austria and just working to create my self made "blue system" with KICAD (new layout, new BOM etc) because it is hard to get a kit to buy at these days......

On the german forum web site there are some docs they show the different types of antennas (E/H field) but no construction manual of the magnetic rod antenna (wire on ferrit in plastic pipe enclosure)

Maybe somebody can support

THX
(2021-03-30, 05:53)Hope70 Wrote: I want to ask the community if there is a manual for build own high sensitive magnetic antennas.

I am from Austria and just working to create my self made "blue system" with KICAD (new layout, new BOM etc) because it is hard to get a kit to buy at these days......

On the german forum web site there are some docs they show the different types of antennas (E/H field) but no construction manual of the magnetic rod antenna (wire on ferrit in plastic pipe enclosure)

Maybe somebody can support

THX
You do realize that this forum will be of limited support for Non-Blitzortung produced systems?
On the 'Cover Your Area Page', one of the documents it's suggested to read, is the original system RED
manual. That covers what you need to know at this point about Ferrites. Section 4.1.2.
Project Description - (14. February 2016, 11:10)
Once you are in the network, optimized your station, etc with 'standard' builds... for some time...
THEN is the time to experiment with different H types. Remember, this is NOT about 'distance',
this is about 'Quality' and accuracy. You DON'T exist as an independent station.

You might also consider doing some basic research.
Maybe see some various configurations in operation, here: https://frankfortweather.us/fwxBLPublic/index.html

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
Thank you for your reply.

I requested a original blue system 1 year ago with several reminders but without success- therefore I started with my own PCB design- of course I want to add my system to blitzortung network. I would by very proud to be a member....

Because www.sfericsempfang.de not longer exists I also have to build my own VLF antennas - yesterday I got my first ferrits.. 20cm rods (10mm diameter) and I ordered also a winding counter . In the excellent docu of the red system unfortunately there is no instruction which copper enameled wire diameter and loop count is necessary for making a high "Q" and low "L" antenna- in some other forum I have found a suggestion for 0,3mm wire and 630 windings over 10mm ferrit rod- but no manual (direction of winding, polarization, etc)

BR
Peter

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Observation: System Blue Magnetic Sensors drossbach1 8 30,834 2019-07-31, 22:29
Last Post: Egon