Problems displaying historical lightning data?
Hi there,

I have been having difficulty loading past lightning data on LightningMaps for at least over a month now, at the following link: https://www.lightningmaps.org/. Using this link, please try to select a day when lightning was known to occur in your area and see if anything appears (or if the correct amount of observed lightning appears like it should). At times, lightning dots would appear, but then some are noticeably missing or are only partially shown. In other cases, they would disappear randomly when zooming into the map.

In general, the dots that represent detected lightning strikes do not appear when clicking on the relevant day. I have tried different browsers and the problem persists, and I have tried on different computers. Could there be an internal problem? If so, would it be rectified soon? 

Thank you, and I look forward to your response concerning this issue. Any feedback would be so greatly appreciated!
The answer is pretty simple, several servers went up in smoke with the datahouse hosting them. Read the announcement here.

It is a slow process rebuilding it.
Stations: 1476
(2021-04-16, 19:19)Eric.Wouters Wrote: The answer is pretty simple, several servers went up in smoke with the datahouse hosting them. Read the announcement here.

It is a slow process rebuilding it.
Ah, I see. 

So, the archived data on LightningMaps.org will at least be eventually restored?

Thanks, again, for this update!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About Historical Data zumopac 2 5,067 2023-12-27, 10:29
Last Post: hectortwede
  historical data GhostTown80 0 5,784 2019-06-30, 07:54
Last Post: GhostTown80
  Historical lightning data with Google maps issues on Lightning Maps.org Rain1290 2 14,087 2018-08-09, 18:29
Last Post: Rain1290
  Historical data access ricky_mnt 1 11,921 2018-06-19, 08:32
Last Post: cutty
  Historical Data acidohm 0 8,306 2017-12-31, 18:35
Last Post: acidohm