Use data on your own website
Hello Blitzortung Community.
Let me introduce myself first, I am Jonas, an electrical engineering student from Germany and run the website morgenwirdes.de (a weather forecast page that uses freely available Data from the DWD). 
I have been using blitzortung.org for a while now and quite like it. That's why I wanted to ask if I am allowed to use/integrate the data of the blitzortung.org contributors on my website (with correct citation of course).
(2021-09-07, 07:40)JonasN Wrote: Hello Blitzortung Community.
Let me introduce myself first, I am Jonas, an electrical engineering student from Germany and run the website morgenwirdes.de (a weather forecast page that uses freely available Data from the DWD). 
I have been using blitzortung.org for a while now and quite like it. That's why I wanted to ask if I am allowed to use/integrate the data of the blitzortung.org contributors on my website (with correct citation of course).
The station owners can use the raw data for all non-commercial purposes.
https://www.blitzortung.org/en/contact.p...ribution_3
"Blitzortung.org" is not an official authority for lightning or thunderstorm data. The data shown on our website is provided only for private and entertainment purposes. The project "Blitzortung.org" is for the contributors merely a voluntary leisure activity.
It is not allowed to use our lightning data for storm warning systems, for plausibility checks of overvoltage damages, or risk analysis for precautionary protection of high-quality technology, even if the data are not obtained directly from our site but from third-party websites.

All images marked by "CC BY-SA" are licensed under the "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0" license (CC BY-SA 4.0) and may therefore be included on other websites under this license without further approval from us. The use of our raw lightning data is allowed only to the participants of the project or to those we explicitly have allowed it.

Our real-time and archived data can also be used for external projects.

The project may not represent commercial interests.
    It must be of general interest for the participants of Blitzortung.org.
    It must be different from existing projects. Do not just reimplement other projects. Do not setup yet another visualization of online data.
    All applications that use our data must be freely accessible.
    The source of the data must be clearly identified.
    The operator must prevent any possible misuse of the data provided, as far as this is possible.

The applications (web sites, apps, ...) have to retrieve their data from a separate server and not from the servers of Blitzortung.org. All data remain under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2021-09-07, 10:33)cutty Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 07:40)JonasN Wrote: Hello Blitzortung Community.
The station owners can use the raw data for all non-commercial purposes.
https://www.blitzortung.org/en/contact.p...ribution_3
"Blitzortung.org" is not an official authority for lightning or thunderstorm data. The data shown on our website is provided only for private and entertainment purposes. The project "Blitzortung.org" is for the contributors merely a voluntary leisure activity.
It is not allowed to use our lightning data for storm warning systems, for plausibility checks of overvoltage damages, or risk analysis for precautionary protection of high-quality technology, even if the data are not obtained directly from our site but from third-party websites.

All images marked by "CC BY-SA" are licensed under the "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0" license (CC BY-SA 4.0) and may therefore be included on other websites under this license without further approval from us. The use of our raw lightning data is allowed only to the participants of the project or to those we explicitly have allowed it.

Our real-time and archived data can also be used for external projects.

The project may not represent commercial interests.
    It must be of general interest for the participants of Blitzortung.org.
    It must be different from existing projects. Do not just reimplement other projects. Do not setup yet another visualization of online data.
    All applications that use our data must be freely accessible.
    The source of the data must be clearly identified.
    The operator must prevent any possible misuse of the data provided, as far as this is possible.

The applications (web sites, apps, ...) have to retrieve their data from a separate server and not from the servers of Blitzortung.org. All data remain under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license.
Thank you. About the last paragraph "The applications (web sites, apps, ...) have to retrieve their data from a separate server and not from the servers of Blitzortung.org. All data remain under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license." . Does this mean that i have to periodically get the data from Blitzortung.org  and redistribute it with my server?
(2021-09-07, 10:49)JonasN Wrote: Thank you. About the last paragraph "The applications (web sites, apps, ...) have to retrieve their data from a separate server and not from the servers of Blitzortung.org. All data remain under the CC-BY-SA 4.0 license." . Does this mean that i have to periodically get the data from Blitzortung.org  and redistribute it with my server?
Generally,  Yes. Do not setup yet another visualization of online data. In most  cases it is best to simply provide a link to page containing 'real-time' data. The processing, server configurations, parameters are subject to change without warning, as well as security/firewall/priority watchdogs.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020