Lightning location?
Hi everyone,

I am doing an analysis of lightning and was wondering whether there is some "relatively" exact location of the lightning available (such as the latitude and longitude) or if I need to estimate this from the map. (I know the location is not exact but does Blitzortung provide at least an estimate?)

Thank you very much!
(2024-06-11, 11:12)henry Wrote: Hi everyone,

I am doing an analysis of lightning and was wondering whether there is some "relatively" exact location of the lightning available (such as the latitude and longitude) or if I need to estimate this from the map. (I know the location is not exact but does Blitzortung provide at least an estimate?)

Thank you very much!

Important information for our visitors
"Blitzortung.org" is not an official authority for lightning or thunderstorm data. The data shown on our website is provided only for private and entertainment purposes. The project "Blitzortung.org" is for the contributors merely a voluntary leisure activity.
It is not allowed to use our lightning data for storm warning systems, for plausibility checks of overvoltage damages, or risk analysis for precautionary protection of high-quality technology, even if the data are not obtained directly from our site but from third-party websites.

[Image: stroke_approximation.png]

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
(2024-06-11, 13:54)cutty Wrote:
(2024-06-11, 11:12)henry Wrote: Hi everyone,

Thank you very much!

Important information for our visitors
"Blitzortung.org" is not an official authority for lightning or thunderstorm data. The data shown on our website is provided only for private and entertainment purposes. The project "Blitzortung.org" is for the contributors merely a voluntary leisure activity.
It is not allowed to use our lightning data for storm warning systems, for plausibility checks of overvoltage damages, or risk analysis for precautionary protection of high-quality technology, even if the data are not obtained directly from our site but from third-party websites.

[Image: stroke_approximation.png]

Thank you for your comprehensive reply as well as the disclaimer!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About the lightning location accuracy of blitzortung.org kazu 1 233 2024-06-21, 04:57
Last Post: gerbold