Not sure if its for me yet?
I keep looking at this or a Radiation monitor as the next addition to the weather station(Davis) / meteor camera (pi)/ allsky camera  (pi) and allsky meteor camera (AMS219 custom system)  I have but Im not sure due to a couple of things
1) Im in Peterhead and understand it needs 7 stations to register the strike but as Scotland only seems to get 1 storm a year (Seems more recently) not sure if it would be a worthwile investment.
2) I understand its not plug and play but my soldering is rubbish so would probbably be looking at purching a used built system, What sort of price rage and what do I need to be aware off.

Im just investigating at the moment. 

Thanks in advance
Ian 
MM0IHE
Hi Ian, 
there appears to be a station in Aberdeen, which is offline since April 2023. Should be about 30 miles from your home. Maybe you find a way to contact the owner and purchase it.

Stations: 2065, 2398, 2729, 3058
(2024-08-13, 05:48)gerbold Wrote: Hi Ian, 
there appears to be a station in Aberdeen, which is offline since April 2023. Should be about 30 miles from your home. Maybe you find a way to contact the owner and purchase it.

Thanks for that Did a quick search as he was easy to find through his station information and well Aberdeen is offline as he has moved to Cypress! and there is a station running in cypress.. I have dropped him a line just in case
(2024-08-13, 08:23)skippyinspace Wrote:
(2024-08-13, 05:48)gerbold Wrote: Hi Ian, 

Thanks for that Did a quick search as he was easy to find through his station information and well Aberdeen is offline as he has moved to Cypress! and there is a station running in cypress.. I have dropped him a line just in case
Hi Ian

I built a Red system back in the day but for various life reasons it was taken offline years ago and has been lost in the multitude of moves i have done.  I lived at the time in Carrowhawny, County Mayo Southern Ireland dont recall there being many other stations in Ireland at the time - my then setup was a regular contributor to the Blitzortung system.  I remember registering events down to the Med and beyond. I am now living in Cornwall and have an order in for one of the new Blue Mini systems and dont expect the soldering to be much of a problem.  I see your a radio ham (M0PLB here) is there anyone in your local club that could do the soldering work for you - i would offer to do it but distance would be an issue i suspect.

regards

Phil
Thanks for that explains a little more, Im over an hour away from the closest club and to be honest the guy who when I was living in Aberdeen (Now Peterhead) who was the tutor for the course passed a lot of things when it came to soldering that shouldnt have.  At some point I should try and learn again but Im just very blobby so create a lot of solder bridges.

But food for thought.

Thanks