Assembled my E-field kit.
Just done soldering... that's a lot of joints Wink
@Egon Wanke The package arrived here yesterday and all looks fine Wink
Now it's time for some PVC tubing Big Grin

Bdw are those boards acetone proof? for cleaning the solder side?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Lollz,my mother looked at it,looks good... What does it doe? Euhh more than your first home computer did. Oh but what can it do 4u... Count lightning strikes. Has it any use 4u? nope but it's fun Big Grin Is that all? Is fun not enough? It also warns me for evil weather Big Grin
(2014-06-07, 16:09)Remy Brandt Wrote: Lollz,my mother looked at it,looks good... What does it doe? Euhh more than your first home computer did. Oh but what can it do 4u... Count lightning strikes. Has it any use 4u? nope but it's fun Big Grin Is that all? Is fun not enough? It also warns me for evil weather Big Grin
Mommas and Wives never understand.

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
More pictures Smile Building the E antenna Smile
Using 32mm sewer pipe,just fits the preamp inside but be aware! The connector is offset! Not central!
I need more hardware Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2014-06-07, 15:08)Remy Brandt Wrote: Just done soldering... that's a lot of joints Wink

Try it on a small area first, however Acetone would not be my first choice, it is rather too agressive, you will probably melt the LED's and take the markings off the resistors and capacitors along with the silk screen markings on the board if you are not careful.
Get some proper PCB cleaner, or failing that some isopropyl alcohol (your local chemist can probably supply it) or even methylated spirits.
Ben.
RED Station: 878,   Flightradar24: F-EGLF1,  Open Glider Network: Aldersht2, PlanePlotter: M7.
Stations: 878
(2014-06-07, 18:20)Benedict.Smith Wrote:
(2014-06-07, 15:08)Remy Brandt Wrote: Just done soldering... that's a lot of joints Wink

Try it on a small area first, however Acetone would not be my first choice, it is rather too agressive, you will probably melt the LED's and take the markings off the resistors and capacitors along with the silk screen markings on the board if you are not careful.
Get some proper PCB cleaner, or failing that some isopropyl alcohol (your local chemist can probably supply it) or even methylated spirits.
Ben.

Yeah,should do fine Smile Me=old Smile

About bottom side only Smile
All top side surface stuff I clean with my magic wand Smile
Those electric fences are a real pain in the but.
At more than fifty meters away it still hits hard.
Must do some more browsing for the location Big Grin
Stations: 1040
(2014-06-16, 16:20)Remy Brandt Wrote: Those electric fences are a real pain in the but.
At more than fifty meters away it still hits hard.
Must do some more browsing for the location Big Grin
One US station minimized his issue by turning the power down some on the fence.
Might also see if there's a broken wire, if it's a buried system....

Not gonna work here Smile We have stallions and the fence loop is more than five kilometre,drop down distance runs for miles ;D
I knew that when I got eye on this project.
Just it's more severe than I imagined from reading in.
Maybe it's because we have the M700 clock it's heavy duty stuff 10KV Jurassic park style used in wild parks and other serious animal stuff.
E antenna here is no go for at least 2000 meters Smile
I made the whole fence stuff here,there is no way to drop interference because the short burst makes the thing save.
Dropping voltage makes it harder to jump from wire thorough the fur to the animal.
If the installation here drops below 8000V we are late mowing grass.
(2014-06-17, 12:50)Remy Brandt Wrote: Not gonna work here Smile We have stallions and the fence loop is more than five kilometre,drop down distance runs for miles ;D
Maybe it's because we have the M700 clock it's heavy duty stuff 10KV Jurassic park style used in wild parks and other serious animal stuff.
I made the whole fence stuff here,there is no way to drop interference because the short burst makes the thing save.
Dropping voltage makes it harder to jump from wire thorough the fur to the animal.
Rolleyes Well, you could maybe sell the stallions and turn off the fence... Lightning

How high is your probe above ground? Also wondering how a shorter probe would perform...

(2014-06-17, 12:50)Remy Brandt Wrote: Not gonna work here Smile We have stallions and the fence loop is more than five kilometre,drop down distance runs for miles ;D

It sounds like your fence should be generating strike counts all by itself.
Stations: 1013
It does.
I am going to test it in the back but I am still waiting for the waterproof housings I ordered.
And the distance is also to far for w-lan adding costs and more power consumption for the solar panel that is needed because there is no electricity out there.
I have two more locations... if this doesn't work I can browse another few miles for a peaceful electric blind spot Smile

I want one of those concrete windmills! Just a few KM away from here the Germans have build huge fans! The generator is about 150m high! Must be stunning reception Big Grin
If you are looking for cheap&good STP go to netwerkwinkel.com
Local shops here.. they did not knew what STP was,suckers.
Run some tests while watching football Smile It sucked,random oscillation all over the place. But we won Big Grin That's good Big Grin
(2014-06-18, 21:34)Remy Brandt Wrote: Run some tests while watching football Smile It sucked,random oscillation all over the place. But we won Big Grin That's good Big Grin

Do you go from the pre-amp (outside) with a long coax cable to the big print inside the house?
I think that I need 25 meters of coax.
Stations: 907
No problem with 25 meters of coax Wink
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
(2015-02-17, 11:54)DelandeC Wrote: No problem with 25 meters of coax Wink

thanks.
I Can only find a cable with 10m can I use a connector below to extend the cable?

[Image: f-connector-koppelstuk-per-stuk.jpg]
Stations: 907
(2015-02-20, 09:22)Arnaut.Stomphorst Wrote:
(2015-02-17, 11:54)DelandeC Wrote: No problem with 25 meters of coax Wink
I Can only find a cable with 10m can I use a connector below to extend the cable?
Should work ok. Don't forget to weatherproof it! However Coax can be ordered in longer lengths.
Mine came from here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FW0...UTF8&psc=1

-

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile System Blue 19.5 Board Assembled For Sale carolinastormwatch57 1 7,423 2021-02-12, 10:30
Last Post: Alvarezz
  Newly assembled System Blue problems bogdan 16 68,008 2017-07-17, 21:41
Last Post: bogdan