Station in central Brazil
Hello ppl,
I noticed that there are almost no stations running in South America (only found one in Colombia). I live in Goiânia, a city in the central region of Brazil (16.7 S/49.2 W).
I've become interested in running a station here for myself, but I don't know if it would help the network, since the nearest running station is 4000km away.
The system may run in high gain mode without much problems, I think, because it would stay somewhat far from the city center in a low density area, without any strong power line, transformer or big electric machine running near.
A station running here would help?
HI,

there are currently 4 stations in Colombia (1 currently offline) and 2 in Rio de Janeiro (1 currently offline). With just a few more stations in that region (Brazil, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay) detection could start for South America. Do you know a big Portugese and/or Spanish weather forum for South America where you can promote the Blitzortung network?

cu Robo Smile
Stations: 92, 1563
(2014-06-24, 21:56)robo Wrote: HI,

there are currently 4 stations in Colombia (1 currently offline) and 2 in Rio de Janeiro (1 currently offline). With just a few more stations in that region (Brazil, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay) detection could start for South America. Do you know a big Portugese and/or Spanish weather forum for South America where you can promote the Blitzortung network?

cu Robo Smile

I've got a house in Punta del Diablo, near the Uruguay / Brazil border. I was thinking it'd be fun to setup a monitor. Maybe find some folks who want to put some up in Buenos Aires and Montevideo as well. There's a LOT of lightning in the region. I know plenty of hackers who can help build the kits.

-rabble
And this is how the Blitzortung network grows - one station at a time - building interest among friends and acquaintances! Smile

Plant a seed and see how big it will grow and multiply...
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - U.S.A. --- Blitzortung Station: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KRNO2
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37S70, StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech C920 Pro USB webcam w/Hubble fix
[img=0x0]http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com/cvwx-banner.gif[/img]
Stations: 808

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Contribution for central/southern Europe part blueone 5 10,417 1 hour ago
Last Post: Elmo Leffler
  Station in Brazil armando.camara 10 46,321 2017-11-10, 18:31
Last Post: rghisi