I can't wait for the new kit to be available.
I live 40km south of Adelaide which is in south Australia, Australia.
I understand the coverage in my area is so so and I've been reading about these devices which would go well with my weather station with time-lapse video.
ace2weather
As my soldering skill are pretty poor, I'm looking forward to the pre built kits as well.
So I just thought I would pop in and say hello
Chris
Hi Chris,
It will be great to have another station in SE Australia . Currently we are only detecting about 10% compared to the CFA GPATS. Hopefully with more stations this will improve. Additional info such as polarity, CG, and better location will be a big bonus. Good luck with your fires.
Stations: 919
(2015-01-06, 05:03)David.Gamble Wrote: Hi Chris,
It will be great to have another station in SE Australia . Currently we are only detecting about 10% compared to the CFA GPATS. Hopefully with more stations this will improve. Additional info such as polarity, CG, and better location will be a big bonus. Good luck with your fires.
I can't wait, have started to raise donations for this and making fellow Aussies aware of this fantastic project in the hope more will become involved.
Thankfully the fires are not near to my location, but can see and smell smoke..
Looking forward to some rain over the next couple of days, which will help..
(2015-01-06, 06:29)ace2 Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 05:03)David.Gamble Wrote: Hi Chris,
I can't wait, have started to raise donations for this and making fellow Aussies aware of this fantastic project in the hope more will become involved.
Thankfully the fires are not near to my location, but can see and smell smoke..
Looking forward to some rain over the next couple of days, which will help..

Chris,

You, along with many others around the world are anxious to get into this hobby and to begin providing coverage for your area. Many of us who are already on-board and operational, myself included, are also anxiously awaiting the announcement that the new Blitzortung system is ready for purchase and distribution. However, at this point in time, the developers have not indicated or projected any set date that the new designs will be made available. All we know is that the new designs are being developed. While it's been said many times in the past, we simply have to be patient and feel confident that whatever comes out of the development cycle will be an improvement over the already successful GREEN and RED systems in use today.

BOTTOM-LINE, sit tight and wait until we get further input from the developers.
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada - U.S.A. --- Blitzortung Station: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KRNO2
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37S70, StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech C920 Pro USB webcam w/Hubble fix
[img=0x0]http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com/cvwx-banner.gif[/img]
Stations: 808
Don't worry, I'm patient.... Smile
Hi

If you want, I have several RED kits ready to goWink

Regards
Thomas
Stations: 401
Hi,
my name it Timm and I cant wait to get the new kit.
I study electrical engineering in Berlin, Germany third semester and I want to test the accuracy of this system.

I am also planning to write my bachelor thesis about this topic. Therefor I need some devices to understand the working. Big Grin

Does somebody know the release date?

Greetings Tim
My soldering skills are not up to building a kit.
Hoping for the new kits to be pre built.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue wait list suggestion Aythya 2 2,200 2023-06-26, 20:49
Last Post: Aythya