GPS satellite location prediction software
Some of you may be interested in a quick app I've put together, that runs from a Windows PC. Basically, it gives predictions of where the GPS (and Glonass) satellites are, to assist in deciding where may be the best place to locate your GPS antenna.

I'm not certain about the best way of sharing this, so I've shared it from a Google Drive, which you should be able to access from the following link.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing

Note this is version 1.0 release and hot off the press. Should be working OK. The ZIP file contains an EXE and a PDF file. The PDF files gives a quick summary of how to use it. Just put the EXE file anywhere and run directly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Stations: 1113
(2014-10-18, 14:18)Michael.Sanders Wrote: Some of you may be interested in a quick app I've put together, that runs from a Windows PC. Basically, it gives predictions of where the GPS (and Glonass) satellites are, to assist in deciding where may be the best place to locate your GPS antenna.

A quick question ;
According to the PDF the TLE data is downloaded to rootfolder "D:\"
My D:\ is the DVD station ...
So I have to ask if it is possible to locate the data at another location ?

Regards, Asbjorn
Stations: 1028
(2014-10-19, 12:23)Asbjorn.Aamot Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 14:18)Michael.Sanders Wrote: Some of you may be interested in a quick app I've put together, that runs from a Windows PC. Basically, it gives predictions of where the GPS (and Glonass) satellites are, to assist in deciding where may be the best place to locate your GPS antenna.

A quick question ;
According to the PDF the TLE data is downloaded to rootfolder "D:\"
My D:\ is the DVD station ...
So I have to ask if it is possible to locate the data at another location ?

Regards, Asbjorn

At the moment, it is hardwired into the software so that it puts the TLE data on D:\ only. I guess this was a bit of programming short cut, but I can change to make this a user select-able option in a later update.
Stations: 1113
For offline use I am sure your software is a really useful tool. If you have network access you can go here:
http://in-the-sky.org/satmap.php
Select 'Map of Your Sky' and then 'Select Satellites'.
You can choose GPS and Glonass.
Stations: 1181