System Blue Order Status 12. August 2016
(2016-05-14, 21:01)andyweather Wrote: Thats a shame its no good to me then as i cannot solder.

Will have to stay with system red.

Staying with RED is absolutely fine. RED, after all, is the basis for BLUE.... Both are the systems of the foreseeable future.

Just curious... since you don't solder... Did you have a friend assembly your RED?
The double handful of parts that must be soldered in BLUE would be fairly simple with good skills... nothing like building a RED...

Mike

Stations: 689, 791, 1439, 3020
I'm curious, would anyone upgrading like to sell their old one cheap? I live in Mississippi USA and I don't think there is a station anywhere close to me. I'd like to fill in the hole but being disabled puts me on a tight budget. As long as a older system will provide good data, I'm fine with the older system.
(2016-05-14, 23:01)dalek Wrote: I'm curious, would anyone upgrading like to sell their old one cheap?  I live in Mississippi USA and I don't think there is a station anywhere close to me.  I'd like to fill in the hole but being disabled puts me on a tight budget.  As long as a older system will provide good data, I'm fine with the older system.
Good Idea...   Idea just make sure you get a RED if someone does replace with a BLUE.... many RED operators may not order BLUEs for sometime, however, since RED is unlikely to become obsolete...

(2016-05-14, 23:34)Cutty Wrote:
(2016-05-14, 23:01)dalek Wrote: I'm curious, would anyone upgrading like to sell their old one cheap?  I live in Mississippi USA and I don't think there is a station anywhere close to me.  I'd like to fill in the hole but being disabled puts me on a tight budget.  As long as a older system will provide good data, I'm fine with the older system.
Good Idea...   Idea just make sure you get a RED if someone does replace with a BLUE.... many RED operators may not order BLUEs for sometime, however, since RED is unlikely to become obsolete...

That was my thinking.  I wouldn't want to get one that will be non-functional in a short time.  I mostly just want to fill in a area that has little coverage.  I'm a Linux user so I like to help on some things that interest me when I can.  I figure the power consumption is negligible and bandwidth isn't a problem.  My DSL sits idle a lot anyway.  

If anyone is interested later on, send me a PM or something.
Definitely want a blue for long island new York! Can't wait!!!
i bought system red already assembled i asked for to be.
Stations: 970
i will also buy this blue system when it's ready, i live at the west side of belgium (near the coast)

if anyone nearby want his system to be soldered, i'm prepared to do this.
(2016-05-16, 11:31)ropske Wrote: i will also buy this blue system when it's ready, i live at the west side of belgium (near the coast)

if anyone nearby want his system to be soldered, i'm prepared to do this.

Hi!

the same is true for me.

I'm manufacturing electronic devices here in Germany (Bavaria), so i've got a lot of electronic and soldering equipment..

So if someone has difficulties with soldering or has got poor or no equipment,
i will solder your "BLUE" for free..

Don't want to earn something, merely the shipping costs should be repayed...
(or perhaps a donation to Blitzortung.org)

Greets
Stefan
Need more stations in Norway. I think there are less than 10. (I can now count 12!)
I tried to buy a RED system loooong time ago, without luck.
Hope to haver better luck now with the BLUE system!
Thais great i'm prepared to pay extra for any solder work when ever the system blue becomes available
Stations: 970
Moin!

@ the Admin's

By the way: (i know it's the wrong thread, pls move to the right one)

How can i donate to Blitzortung.org???

Searched a long time, but didn't find anything
(2016-05-17, 05:49)Hacklzwerg Wrote: Moin!

@ the Admin's

By the way: (i know it's the wrong thread, pls move to the right one)

How can i donate to Blitzortung.org???

Searched a long time, but didn't find anything
You can't. Smile

How exciting !!!
Subscribing to thread, 2 System Blues, 1 in QLD, Australia , second in Lazdininkai, Lithuania (home away from home)........

Mike
Hallo Egon,

es gibt ein paar Dinge zu klären. Im Wetter-Board beschweren sich einige Leute, die des Englischen nicht mächtig sind, dass sie nicht wissen, wie sie ein blaues System bestellen können.

2 Zitate:

Quote:Hm, alles interessant. Was mir nicht ganz einleuchtet, wieso bekommen die Amis schon Boards? Nur weil die der Sprache mächtig sind und mit Egon kommunizieren können? Was dort geschrieben wird, ich verstehs einfach nicht.

Quote:So lange ich hier nicht die nötigen Infos finde zu einer Bestellung, wird es bei mir nix. Ich habe noch nie "englisch" bestellt. Wink

Und dann noch eine Sache. In der Bestelliste scheibst du, dass man die Bauteile möglichst selbst besorgen soll. Andererseits postest du ein Foto mit fertig verpackten Bauteilen. Mir ist klar, dass es viel Arbeit ist, die Bauteile zusammenzustellen und zu verpacken, andererseits ist es ein Unding, dass die Leute Bauteile für ca. 20 EUR bei 4 (!!!) verschiedenen Händlern bestellen sollen! Da kommen die Versandkosten ja teurer als der Warenwert! Vielleicht kann man da ja irgendwas in Richtung Sammelbestellung organisieren, um einerseits dich zu entlasten, andererseits aber für die Leute die Versandkosten zu senken. Aber das müsste halt zentral organisiert werden. Im Wetter-Board (und auch in diesem Forum) hat sich ein neuer User bereiterklärt, für diejenigen, die nicht löten können, die Lötarbeiten zu übernehmen. Da wird sich doch auch jemand finden lassen, der eine Sammelbestellung für die Bauteile organisiert.

Und ja, es war meine volle Absicht, im englischsprachigen Forum auf Deutsch zu posten!

For those who don't understand German: https://translate.google.com/

CU Robo Smile
Stations: 92, 1563
C'mon let's not start a Trump style discussion on language and preferred order fulfillment. Right now no one can order anything because the manufacturing is still in progress and apparently somewhat delayed due to SMD component shortages. Please await Egon's instructions on what eventually needs to be ordered individually. Also, for Germans I put together lists that minimize effort and shipping cost. I plan to update these lists once we find out what actually needs to be ordered. This is a hobby project after all. No one is entitled to professional customer service. Stop blasting Egon and others. Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can, Seldom found in women, Never found in man.
Stations: 1471
I don't understand your point of view robo.

It has always been like this. This a hobby and not a commercial service.
Even for red, it was strongly suggested to get parts from a local vendor.

Do not forget that Egon has not only Blitzortung in his life  Lightning
Clément
Stations: 252, 733, 1440, 2601
(2016-05-23, 14:55)WX3080 Wrote: C'mon let's not start a Trump style discussion on language and preferred order fulfillment. Right now no one can order anything because the manufacturing is still in progress and apparently somewhat delayed due to SMD component shortages. Please await Egon's instructions on what eventually needs to be ordered individually. Also, for Germans I put together lists that minimize effort and shipping cost. I plan to update these lists once we find out what actually needs to be ordered. This is a hobby project after all. No one is entitled to professional customer service. Stop blasting Egon and others. Patience is a virtue, Possess it if you can, Seldom found in women, Never found in man.

Well said. Criticizing the developer for using a universal language sounds beyond selfish to me. Dodgy
With that said, I do hope the boards will be finished soon, the lightning season is already well underway.  Cool
Hi Egon!
everything is well..

but:
could the official ordering list please be corrected?

Taiyo Yuden LHL08TB322J is not available..  LHL08TB332J is the real ordering number, if that inductivity is 3,3 milliHenry....

and is this a critical part ( Serial Resistance, max Current...)
or is it just a HF blocking device?

greets
Stefan
Critical?? - Yes a little
It is part of a filter, and serial resistance should be low as the current to pre-amp goes through this inductor.
Stations: 584, 585, 2017
Aha...

i dont know yor circuit diagrams...

thats why i asked that question..
as a 9mm pitch is not often used... :-)

so as it's just a "little" critical.... why don't you use a SMD inductor?

and a pre-amp input should be high resistance( >1 MOhm) ..... means.. nearly no current

or am i wrong????

Greets
Stefan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  System Blue order status (10.3.2020) Egon 33 147,148 2023-11-29, 21:57
Last Post: cutty
  Issue starting Sunday August 1st at 13.00 PA4EME 2 7,297 2021-08-07, 23:08
Last Post: orion_jb2001
  Received System Blue offer. The order was ignored. s1ini 5 27,413 2019-10-07, 17:42
Last Post: s1ini
  [moved] German: Order Question starlord 1 18,053 2017-12-14, 07:34
Last Post: starlord
  Order Question chevyman142000 6 40,453 2016-06-01, 03:59
Last Post: chevyman142000